U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 04:57 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,403,460 times

Advertisements

I've gotten several emails today from banks who I represent. They are asking us to keep an eye on the properties that we manage due to the new movement that is said to start tomorrow-Occupy Our Homes.

The foreclosures that we have are in various states of transition-some are occupied and some are already vacant.

I know that many banks have chosen to hold off on evicting homeowners during the holidays.

Here's an article that tells more about this:

December 6: "Occupy Our Homes" National Day of Action to Stop and Reverse Foreclosures | AlterNet
Rate this post positively

Old 12-05-2011, 06:37 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,637,507 times
"Power to the Peep-hole"

Old 12-05-2011, 07:55 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,412,815 times
Occupy movement to occupy foreclosures?

Where I come from that's called Trespassing...Squatting...Burglarizing (if they take anything).
In every State in this country, it is lawful to shoot an intruder in your home.
Trust me, I know from my former OCCUPation.

Occupy that thought. Get a job, bums.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Occupy movement to occupy foreclosures?

Where I come from that's called Trespassing...Squatting...Burglarizing (if they take anything).
In every State in this country, it is lawful to shoot an intruder in your home.
Trust me, I know from my former OCCUPation.

Occupy that thought. Get a job, bums.
I would like to see you try to kill the Vietnam Vet that they are helping to stay in his home. Something tells me it wouldn't work out very well for you.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 PM

2,421 posts, read 2,117,965 times
So why do some people look upon this 'movement' favorably - yet when Sarasota County kicked out the homeless campers in Venice that was viewed upon as necessary?

Seems like a double standard to me.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:17 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,412,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalysis View Post
I would like to see you try to kill the Vietnam Vet that they are helping to stay in his home. Something tells me it wouldn't work out very well for you.
I think you misunderstood my rant.
I'm not referencing people in THEIR OWN homes. I'm talking about the plans of this "movement" to move into properties that are in foreclosure, which they have absolutely no connection to.

I can see that turning into "misunderstandings" where the squatters attempt to occupy an occupied home. We had a bunch of homeless people move into a vacant house down the street from us and it was no easy thing getting them out.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:28 AM

50 posts, read 120,822 times
The way the youth if acting these days, we will soon have a "Occupy our Lotteries" movement. People that bet money over extended periods of time and never won anything will occupy the lottery office demanding their money back.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:59 AM

16,299 posts, read 34,999,078 times
I have nothing against them helping people stay in their OWN homes - but it is against the law to "occupy" someone else's, even if foreclosed and abandoned! This guy here was renting abandoned homes he did not own, and was facing charges when he committed suicide:

Joel McNair, man who rented abandoned houses, commits suicide in Venice | HeraldTribune.com

Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,919,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I have nothing against them helping people stay in their OWN homes - but it is against the law to "occupy" someone else's, even if foreclosed and abandoned! This guy here was renting abandoned homes he did not own, and was facing charges when he committed suicide:

Joel McNair, man who rented abandoned houses, commits suicide in Venice | HeraldTribune.com
it is quite sad to see families thrown out of their houses. its a whole debate as to who's fault it is and what can or should be done to help them. essentially any help that is given to them is at taxpayers expense. is that fair to take money paid in taxes to help someone keep a home.

i know a guy who is laughing at the system and i am sure there are many more like him. he hasnt paid taxes, insurance or his mortgage for at least 2 years if not 3. he is putting the money in a safety deposit box that he would have paid. his bank account is pretty much empty so that they cannot use that against him. he says when they throw him out he has plenty of cash to rent until his credit allows him to buy again.

i guess it really does not matter when the campaigner in chief can go to hawaii for 17 days while people get foreclosed on and cant find jobs, whats it really matter its only money

Last edited by gettinoutofjersey; 12-06-2011 at 08:26 AM..

Old 12-06-2011, 03:14 PM

12 posts, read 17,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baiaxaba View Post
The way the youth if acting these days, we will soon have a "Occupy our Lotteries" movement. People that bet money over extended periods of time and never won anything will occupy the lottery office demanding their money back.
Hmmm...isn't that what the bankers on Wall Street have been doing? Betting our deposits, our pensions, our 401(k)'s on such fancy lottery-like schemes as credit default swaps, derivatives, mortgage-backed securities....And then when it all went bust, their partners in the government rushed to bail them out with working people's money. Three years after the bailout, it's business as usual, nothing changed. THAT'S what OWS is protesting! The rigged schemes of the financial industries! It's not the "youth" with the problem, it's the established system that permits this criminal enterprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area