Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 02:28 PM

60 posts, read 111,015 times

Advertisements

This is what baffles me about this property based on the square footage and location it is wholly underpriced it is no where near fair market value and the fact that it’s been on the market for over a year really has me curious about how these short sales work.

I’m just stymied every time I look at this listing ~ it’s a very beautiful spacious house I just can’t imagine it not selling especially at that price
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 03:05 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
is it on the mls ??? CDW ? maybe the bank arent playing ball ??? maybe talk to a realtor ?

Old 12-27-2011, 03:11 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
I agree with Mr. Sunshine, maybe it has Chinese Drywall or some other issue. Have you viewed the home?

Also, keep in mind that just because the Realtor has the home listed at a certain price doesn't mean that the bank will accept that price (they could come back and ask for more money then the home is listed for). The best way to find out the true value of the home is to have your Realtor run comparable sold properties.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:19 PM

230 posts, read 407,333 times
No we have not viewed the home, just on the net. We are just looking at what is on the market now just to get a feel of what to expect when we sell and get ready to move.

We won't be on the market with our house till this summer. Then down to Fla after that sells. So sometime in the fall early winter is what I am looking at.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyOgre View Post
No we have not viewed the home, just on the net. We are just looking at what is on the market now just to get a feel of what to expect when we sell and get ready to move.

We won't be on the market with our house till this summer. Then down to Fla after that sells. So sometime in the fall early winter is what I am looking at.
Ah, I see. Sometimes things look good in the pictures but they don't mention the four lane highway running just outside the back door or things of the like. I'm not saying that's what's happening here but you know the old say-if it seems to good to be true, it probably is

Old 12-27-2011, 06:52 PM

Maybe it's in the middle of an Alligator Swamp ;')

The aerial shots just looks like a bunch of trees with not many homes around it ~ the pool is gorgeous

Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. J. Ogre View Post
Maybe it's in the middle of an Alligator Swamp ;')

The aerial shots just looks like a bunch of trees with not many homes around it ~ the pool is gorgeous
Now you got me curious...generally, where is this place? Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte counties? Any specific development?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:50 PM

What? and have someone snake it out from under us????? ~lol~ We only have 10 more months to go

I looked again and there is more around than I rembered but the Pool is still gorgeous

It's in Englewood

Old 12-27-2011, 07:53 PM

if I had the money I'd buy it right now ~lol~

Old 12-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Hmmm...interesting. If it's any kind of deal I would suspect it would be gone in 10 months (for your sake hopefully it's still there). That's why I said generally--where is it. As to buying it right now, I would always suggest coming down to take a look at the property. Even more so if the price seems a little off.

Tons of contracts flying around the last few days. I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty busy season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area