Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 AM

287 posts, read 587,671 times

Advertisements

Pelican Plaza
The Pelican Plaza shopping center will be getting a facelift in order to attract a large anchor store similar to the others moving into Palmer Ranch.

http://www.yourobserver.com/news/sar...h-Rejuvenation

Last edited by Keeper; 01-05-2012 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 08:34 AM

17,472 posts, read 38,893,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
Pelican Plaza
The Pelican Plaza shopping center will be getting a facelift in order to attract a large anchor store similar to the others moving into Palmer Ranch.

http://www.yourobserver.com/news/sar...h-Rejuvenation
Nothing has ever been said about Trader Joe's coming to Palmer Ranch. there have been some unconfirmed rumours about TJ coming to Sarasota late next year, but as I said, no one really knows. My feeling is that if it's true they will most likely locate in one of Benderson's developments on University Parkway since that will pull from Lakewood Ranch and a whole lot of other communities.

Last edited by Keeper; 01-05-2012 at 05:35 AM..

Old 12-28-2011, 02:43 PM

398 posts, read 819,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Nothing has ever been said about Trader Joe's coming to Palmer Ranch. there have been some unconfirmed rumours about TJ coming to Sarasota late next year, but as I said, no one really knows. My feeling is that if it's true they will most likely locate in one of Benderson's developments on University Parkway since that will pull from Lakewood Ranch and a whole lot of other communities.
Believe it or not they will not have trouble pulling to wherever they locate.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM

440 posts, read 1,048,553 times
All I can say is ymmm. I'll go where-ever they land.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSnowbirds View Post
Believe it or not they will not have trouble pulling to wherever they locate.
Oh, I believe it. But it's just my hunch, that's all. Let's see if they actually come or not, I personally don't care one way or another as I have plenty of great places to shop.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:29 PM

Default Acura, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes leads to.........good food Ahh!!

Well my feeling and hunch is that it will be somewhere near Costco. Trader Joe's seems to be following a trend of being located near luxury car dealers. Acura, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes are all in Palmer Ranch on Clark rd (Lakewood Ranch has none of that luxury). There's a Traders Joe's in Naples near these dealers. Therefore I assume TJ's will sooner or later be here. Good Educated hunch, no? Go figure, what does car's have to do with food??

Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
Well my feeling and hunch is that it will be somewhere near Costco. Trader Joe's seems to be following a trend of being located near luxury car dealers. Acura, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes are all in Palmer Ranch on Clark rd (Lakewood Ranch has none of that luxury). There's a Traders Joe's in Naples near these dealers. Therefore I assume TJ's will sooner or later be here. Good Educated hunch, no? Go figure, what does car's have to do with food??
Haha - we all have our hunches, but we'll see. TJ also likes to locate near Whole Foods, which is smack downtown Sarasota. There is a LOT of new shopping up on University - and a lot of stores that TJ likes to locate near, which is why I thought that might be where they go. Too bad they don't like to advertise their intentions. At this point we don't even know for sure they are coming here.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:00 AM

38 posts, read 60,587 times
The link between TJ and car dealers is in the imagination of the writer. The only two TJs I have been to were nowhere near car dealers. Like any good retailer, they locate where access is good, there is plenty of parking and where costs per square foot are in line with their budget.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:57 PM

We are talking about the southeast USA (for accuracy), not alaska where maybe the Dealer link doesn't hold true.

But if you look at http://www.traderjoes.com/pdf/locations/southeast.pdf

You'll find Trader Joe's within 10 miles of those Dealers which is what I meant by being near.

I am sorry if you understood a TJ's being next door to a Dealer, must be your imagination.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:29 PM

29 posts, read 54,371 times
I know a manager of a TJs in NJ and he said they are supposed to be coming to Sarasota but didn't know where. Why are these things always such a big secret?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area