U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 03:41 PM

162 posts, read 356,581 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Is there more than one restaurant (Pier 22) at the Twin Dolphins Marina in Bradenton? Something casual, less expensive?

Is this the *main* marina, the one you can walk to from downtown, or am I looking the wrong marina? LOL

So...how marinas are there in Brandenton? Really what I want to know is if there are any that have more than one restaurant/cafe that overlooks the water?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 04:20 PM

16,291 posts, read 34,960,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyPlaces View Post
Hi,

Is there more than one restaurant (Pier 22) at the Twin Dolphins Marina in Bradenton? Something casual, less expensive?

Is this the *main* marina, the one you can walk to from downtown, or am I looking the wrong marina? LOL

So...how marinas are there in Brandenton? Really what I want to know is if there are any that have more than one restaurant/cafe that overlooks the water?

Thanks!
Hi - me again! hehe Anyway, Pier 22 is an EXCELLENT restaurant, you won't be disappointed. It doesn't have to be expensive. They have sushi and all kinds of less expensive faire - and the views and atmosphere are fabulous.

If you cross the bridge over the river to the Palmetto side you have Riverhouse Reef and the Riverside Cafe - both on the water/marina and more casual (and cheap!). On the east side of the river in Bradenton you have Tarpon Pointe, which is a big open air tiki bar. These are the waterfront restaurants in the area. Keep in mind that NONE of the restaurants in downtown Sarasota are on the water, only the O'Leary's Tiki Bar at Bayfront Park, which is just an open air bar with sandwiches, and also the expensive and somewhat stodgy Marina Jack's.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:50 PM

233 posts, read 680,816 times
You might want to try Tarpon Pointe Bar & Grill if you want casual. It is more expensive than Woody's River Roo and it is next to a marina, but I can't recall the name. We went there this past weekend for the first time with some family and friends. This nice thing about it is that you can be outside or sit under the main bar area and order food (burger was pretty good) or sit close to the live music under one of the tiki huts. It is located on the south side of the Manatee River by Manatee Memorial Hospital. Parking is at a premium, but they do have valet. Anyway, it's nothing fancy, but it was nice to sit outside and be on the water.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM

162 posts, read 356,581 times
Thank you Gypsychic *wave* lol
Interesting to hear For some reason I thought that there were more waterfront restaurants in Sarasota...*food* for thought

Thanks PaulaC! I know we will figure out the name when we finally get there LOL We do love sitting outside in the evenings and weekend mornings as well when we can

I realize I am trying to find a place like the Dana Point CA Marina...I don't think I ever will, and being on the warm blue waters of the gulf will make up for it, I am sure!

The Dana Point Marina has 7 or 8 restaurants, a couple of cafes and 15 or so shops all next to each other....just walk from one to the next. We practically lived there at the marina LOL.

I would love to find an atmosphere like that again, but will never move back there....way too cold in evening and mornings for my husband, he will LOVE the heat there and I will adjust by just being near water again

Thanks again, you have saved me a lot of web search time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area