Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 04:37 PM

287 posts, read 589,976 times

Advertisements

Turtle Rock has the highest percentage of residential realtor ownership in all of Sarasota per contiguous 750 homes according to ownership records from SCPA. <<<-----This alone says a lot -that realtors know REAL lasting value. Some well known realtors live here.

(my curiosity of where realtors live led to this research)

I would suggest renting in Turtle Rock or H.P. and grab the first/second Turtle Rock home that becomes available. (advice I gave on another thread)

Old 01-05-2012, 04:46 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
That's not too surprising but I'm curious how you came up with that stat. I'm sure the SCPA doesn't have a Realtor home look up tool I suppose you could search by their name, if you had it.

I have many friends who live in their and are Realtors. Many also have kids who go to Pine View.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:01 PM

Just plotting on a Sarasota map from the membership of Sarasota Association or Realtors revealed this.

Realtor names and addresses came up in the Sarasota County property appraiser.

It's appears Turtle Rock is something like a commodity. (like gold)

Old 01-06-2012, 01:24 AM

386 posts, read 1,015,421 times
That is an interesting philosophy. Forgive me, however I fail to see how it translates. What exactly is the purpose of your findings?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,002,426 times
He is an investor. Maybe he owns property there and is indirectly advertising for himself...

Old 01-06-2012, 12:30 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
Hmmm...lemme see if I have this right. You took the names of every agent listed on the SAR website, then individually checked each name against the Sarasota Property Appraiser's website (ignoring the Manatee property appraiser's website), then plotted each address on a map? Besides being just a little creepy, did you filter your findings by checking the agent's licensing date and compare that against the date of their property purchase? Your assumption is that every agent is living where they are because they know something others probably don't about the market but, if you ignored the fact that it takes a few years of experience to even begin to have that kind of insight (if it actually exists--I doubt it) then you would wrongly be including property purchases that could have been made before they became agents or before they knew enough to really have that kind of insight. You'd need to only chart the agents who purchased their property after a few years of being an active agent. And, if you don't only look at recent purchases (after all, the market is fluid and changes continually) your research would wrongly include data that are no longer valid. Just sayin'....

Old 01-06-2012, 12:48 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
He is an investor. Maybe he owns property there and is indirectly advertising for himself...

Even at that, it's still creepy to take all that time and effort to zero in on a certain group. For what reason? He thinks if "people who have a real estate license" live in a certain area, that it is an above average area, or?

Not every agent is a Realtor either. And... not everyone who has a license is working in the business. Especially in FL. Everyone and their kissin' cousin has a r/e license.

Go figure.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,689,205 times
to quote a master, who once said: too much time on my hands...too much time on my hands.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 PM

BB, I didn't do all those complicated things you mentioned. I simply took current membership from SAR whoever it may be with whatever qualifications. The important thing is that they are "heavy" into real estate and that's why they are members.

The petty difference filters are not necessary because "my way" is relatively proportionate over the whole county and has shown a trend.

My main concern was to plot current SAR membership. That's simple.

I'm not interested in Manatee (almost bought there and I'm glad I didn't)

Creepy is the wrong word, you meant Crafty. (yeah I know I'm a genius)

Would you believe successful people have similarly creepy/crafty ideas that may seem trivial to others?

By the way your personal locale is nice too.. Just say'in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Hmmm...lemme see if I have this right. You took the names of every agent listed on the SAR website, then individually checked each name against the Sarasota Property Appraiser's website (ignoring the Manatee property appraiser's website), then plotted each address on a map? Besides being just a little creepy, did you filter your findings by checking the agent's licensing date and compare that against the date of their property purchase? Your assumption is that every agent is living where they are because they know something others probably don't about the market but, if you ignored the fact that it takes a few years of experience to even begin to have that kind of insight (if it actually exists--I doubt it) then you would wrongly be including property purchases that could have been made before they became agents or before they knew enough to really have that kind of insight. You'd need to only chart the agents who purchased their property after a few years of being an active agent. And, if you don't only look at recent purchases (after all, the market is fluid and changes continually) your research would wrongly include data that are no longer valid. Just sayin'....

Old 01-06-2012, 07:54 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
BB, I didn't do all those complicated things you mentioned. I simply took current membership from SAR whoever it may be with whatever qualifications. The important thing is that they are "heavy" into real estate and that's why they are members.

The petty difference filters are not necessary because "my way" is relatively proportionate over the whole county and has shown a trend.

My main concern was to plot current SAR membership. That's simple.

I'm not interested in Manatee (almost bought there and I'm glad I didn't)

Creepy is the wrong word, you meant Crafty. (yeah I know I'm a genius)

Would you believe successful people have similarly creepy/crafty ideas that may seem trivial to others?

By the way your personal locale is nice too.. Just say'in
Don't get me wrong, I give you credit for being creative but, from my point of view as an agent, it's still creepy. As far as your premise, I'm only saying that your creative idea, from a research angle, has too many holes in it to be worth what you want it to be. Just my opinion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area