Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 11:07 PM

2 posts, read 10,116 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm the first time poster here. I'm recently got accepted to LECOM at Bradenton (Lakewood ranch, 34211). I'm a girl and it'll be my first time moving alone to somewhere completely foreign. I've tried to gather lots of info and thought I might try to post my questions here. What are some safe neighborhoods but also affordable in Bradenton and Sarasota? Bayshore, North Port (where is this?!) and Venice seemed affordable but the latter two seemed quite far away from my school too .
Basically, I'm looking for an 1bd/1bath apartment/condo. I've been living with relatives and I'm sick of it so I consider renting apartment more than renting a room. I'm going to be a student so my budget is limited. How soon should I start applying for apartment? And since I'm not in FL, I can't drive around and look. If you can recommend anything to help, I will greatly appreciate it!

THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 09:39 AM

287 posts, read 590,366 times
What's your budget?

Old 01-16-2012, 11:04 AM

4,622 posts, read 7,552,541 times
Hi,

Have you checked into the Lost Creek Apartments, across from the Lakewood Ranch high school? They're brand new 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and would be right in your targeted location.

You didn't mention what monthly rental rate you're looking for. If you give us an idea of your budget, I can suggest condo communities where you might find rentals.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:28 PM

11 posts, read 41,088 times
I am a third year pharmacy student at LECOM - a lot of people rent townhouses in Heritage Harbour off of 64 - try looking on the forums at lecombsga.com for some of the apartment listings. Lost Creek will be nice - but I think it starts at over $900 per month. My first year I lived in Las Palmas off of University - it was about a 15 minute drive. Now I live off of Fruitville (Herons Run) and it is about $750 per month and a 20 minute drive. Bradenton is definitely cheaper, but your best option would probably be to rent with room mates, at least for your first year. If you don't want a room mate, you can try The Springs on 64. Congrats on getting accepted and good luck!

Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,116 times
Thank you everyone,
Lost Creek are over $900 a month. I'm trying to set my limit at $550 (I'm actually in a mentally overwhelmed state with the amount of student loan debt b/c I've never gotten in debt before or now ).
Glad to hear from a fellow student. Thanks!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 PM

7 posts, read 35,804 times
My son is a first year med student at LECOM. I bought him a house at Gates Creek in Bradenton(about two miles from the school) and he is living with two other LECOM students. Your cheapest option will be a shared accomodation. I have seen lot of LECOM students renting at Summerfield, Greenfield Plantation, Heritage Harbour etc. Post you information on lecombsga.com and you can find other students looking for housing. Congratulations for your acceptance.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,758 times
Hi, I am a looking for a roommate, and i would prefer a Lecom student, please let me know. Thanks have a good day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area