U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 07:40 AM

53 posts, read 133,938 times

Advertisements

We are trying to find a dentist in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We have narrowed our search down a bit and are thinking of Dr Dorociak, Dr Yatros, Dr Hoffman or Cooper Creek Dental. Can anyone share any experience (good or bad) or recommend another dentist. We have wonderful dentists back home, but the drive to see them is becoming a bit much.

Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM

4,845 posts, read 13,240,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geosulcata View Post
We are trying to find a dentist in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We have narrowed our search down a bit and are thinking of Dr Dorociak, Dr Yatros, Dr Hoffman or Cooper Creek Dental. Can anyone share any experience (good or bad) or recommend another dentist. We have wonderful dentists back home, but the drive to see them is becoming a bit much.

Thank you
Dr. Yatros has been my dentist for the past 18 years, he's awesome and even living in Sarasota for the past five years, I make that drive out to Anna Maria because I feel he's the best. He's done my crowns (all gold) and after care from when I had a mandibular sagital split back in 1990. I've heard numerous horror stories of certain dental practices in Sarasota & Bradenton and I will stick with him and his wonderful staff.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:22 PM

108 posts, read 217,916 times
Default Dentists

I tried out Cooper Creek Dental, which has been in business for about 2 years. Seemed alright, "however" I know I'm less than perfect myself BUT...I originally scheduled with Cooper Creek or tried to but they did not answer the phone. So I tried back and left a message. They never responded back. I called again 3 days later and let them know the trouble and they just blamed the machine for not working. Anyway I did go in and they are ok (very nice modern office space) but just be sure to let them know if you don't want all the extra things they want to treat you with that are not covered by your insurance, like a cancer screening, and flouride treatment. Otherwise they pretty much tell you a minute before doing it.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM

260 posts, read 855,431 times
Google the name of the dentist you are interested in. Lots of websites have comments from patients.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 3,299 times
Premier Dentistry - Dr. Schwartz is phenomenal, along with his staff. He is in south Sarasota, near Stickney Pt and 41.
Whoever you choose, I highly recommend going to a private dentist, and not one of those places where several work together.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:00 AM

108 posts, read 217,916 times
A friend recommended Dr. Bevolek she said she really liked it him, he's located off St Rd 70 near Lakewood Ranch Blvd.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,400 times
Thumbs down dentist review/sarasota

Don't use Dr Thomas Bowles in Sarasota. Work requested not performed. Offered implants but cannot perform work. Staff is extremely unhelpful. Way overpriced. Work done that was never requested.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
We have ben patients of Dr Jeff Mahan for over 20 yrs. He's gentle, caring & will try his best to work with you if you're having a rough time w finances. (no promises-but he's been good to us) We've recommended him to many friends & all have been very pleased & stayed w him.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:38 PM

6 posts, read 8,477 times
Dr. Yatros is over priced - not worth the drive.
Cooper Creek is OK for cleanings but office is disorganized.
Go to Top Dentist for a list of the top docs in Sarasota and Bradenton. The dentists vote on each other - they cannot pay to be on the list. Top Dentists in Sarasota, Florida - topDentists
Many good general dentists on this list.
Always get a second opinion for more complex or expensive dental work.
Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area