Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,410 times

Advertisements

$150-200 a week?? You've got to be kidding....maybe you could actually find that in mid-florida even with an outhouse that your oldie rescue doggies can share with you oldies....

Really, why don't you just relocate here as a resident, or just stay home! us residents don't need more of you "old fogie snow birds" clogging up everything, everyday, including your bad driving.....

Hopefully someday, florida won't keep begging you northern's to come to florida with your cheap dollars for few months OR charge you fools some LARGE dollars for the privilege of getting out sun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,471,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkukie View Post
$150-200 a week?? You've got to be kidding....maybe you could actually find that in mid-florida even with an outhouse that your oldie rescue doggies can share with you oldies....

Really, why don't you just relocate here as a resident, or just stay home! us residents don't need more of you "old fogie snow birds" clogging up everything, everyday, including your bad driving.....

Hopefully someday, florida won't keep begging you northern's to come to florida with your cheap dollars for few months OR charge you fools some LARGE dollars for the privilege of getting out sun!
They said their price range to buy propery was 150k-200k. This means they will spend $150,000 - $200,000 to buy a home. They didn't say anything about "per week". I suppose you interpreted the 150-200k to mean "week". But the k means thousand (aka 150,000).

Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 PM

697 posts, read 1,169,349 times
No matter where you look...call an insurance agent on the properties your looking at. You need to be aware, if your not already, homes typically built before 2001 will have higher rates due to the building codes changing in 2001. This is mostly for roof strapping/tie downs. If the home is older, but had a new roof put on..they may have had the modifications done to comply with the 2001+ codes. Get a wind mitigation report to verify.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,058 times
I am very happy to find this option, we are looking to move to the Sarasota area this year, We really know nothing about the area except how pretty it is to drive through, we are looking at an older home that is in a nice neighbor hood.
we can fix them up if need be husband is retired carpenter. Looking for real estate close to shopping and beaches 30 minutes away for the beaches, any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 02-19-2015, 09:08 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
What's your price range? That will rule in or out a lot of areas.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 953 times
Default Sarasota Homes Without HOA

[FONT=Calibri]We are looking to move near the Sarasota area within close driving to the airport. We are looking for any areas around Sarasota that have good schools, low crime and reasonable housing prices. What I'm finding is a lot of the areas have HOA fees which we are trying to avoid. I noticed on this message board that North Port is good. When I looked it up on MapQuest it would be too far away for us to drive every day to work. The housing was very reasonable though. We are coming from Upstate NY so we are looking for some privacy and will have a dog. We are looking to stay under $180,000. If anyone has any information on the surrounding areas that would be great.[/FONT]

Old 04-26-2015, 12:05 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,000 times
is there a full moon out?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,120 times
My husband and I are looking in the same areas. Does anyone know if you can have a small garden on your property in a deed restricted/HOA area? Would that likely be specified in the agreement.
Moving from Michigan and I don't want to give up my garden, just the snow lol

Old 08-11-2017, 02:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy-accidents View Post
Thanks everyone, this has been so helpful! We're coming to FL next week and will check out both Desoto Acres (probably too expensive for us) and Whitfield. Our price range is $150-200k with a 1/2 acre lot. I saw a number of homes in that range in Whitfield.

Another couple of questions about Whitfield:
Make sure you carefully check google maps as well as spend time in the area and/or talk to neighbors because you have potential airport (noise) issues as well as a number of various businesses (some using solvents, etc.) which may be on the prevailing winds.

Parts of Whitfield are literally a couple 100 feet from the end (or beginning) of the runways and large industrial areas surround the airport and fill large areas to the east of Whitfield.

Some people find it easier to live with these things than others. I am 3.5 miles south of the airport and I can hear the jet engines rev up.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:23 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleb7384 View Post
My husband and I are looking in the same areas. Does anyone know if you can have a small garden on your property in a deed restricted/HOA area? Would that likely be specified in the agreement.
Moving from Michigan and I don't want to give up my garden, just the snow lol
You have to check thet association documents. If you are talking about flowers and shrubs, many HOAs allow that, provided they are not maintenance free. Maintenance free communities include maintaining the property and they don't want to have to "fuss". Again, check the documents.

If you are referring to a vegetable garden, you probably won't be able to plant one on the property surrounding your house. However, if you purchase a home with an extended lanai, you could do your vegetable garden in your lanai. I don't recall ever seeing restrictions inside the lanai in the communities we considered, apart from above ground pools- which are a no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area