Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM

40 posts, read 175,667 times

Advertisements

We were just informed by our buyers broker that he would no longer be able to help us as now he's only accepting clients who are purchasing in the 300K minimum within 90 days. We met him initially 4 years ago when we were first looking when we flew down and saw the area and some properties. We were hammered by the financial crisis and now notified him we were once again ready to move forward. He then told us he couldn't help us anymore. He gave us a referral but was wondering if any of you could do the same. We've somewhat decided on Pinestone or Plaza Des Flores,prefer a 3 BR and would be patient enough for a stressed property sale. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,375,749 times
Wow, he sure is snotty isn't he? Sorry I can't help you but geesh, could come a day when this guy will welcome lower end sales, could be sooner than he thinks!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Wow, he sure is snotty isn't he? Sorry I can't help you but geesh, could come a day when this guy will welcome lower end sales, could be sooner than he thinks!
He was actually quite nice but I think re ran out of patience with us,not that we asked for much. I saw in another thread that there are a large amount of cash buyers out there now. We'll be cash buyers also just not in the 300K neighborhoods.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 AM

4,621 posts, read 7,545,116 times
3 bedroom condos in those 2 communities usually go under contract quickly, so whomever you end up working with, they need to keep close watch for new listings for you. Have you considered Stonehaven on Clark road? There are a couple of 3 bedroom listings there at the moment that are similar in price to Pinestone or Plaza De Flores. One is a short sale, which can takes 3 to 4 months (or more) to close.

I would also suggest having a proof of funds letter ready to go as sellers usually want to see a proof of funds letter up front when buyers submit cash offers and proof of funds is mandatory on bank owned listings.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
3 bedroom condos in those 2 communities usually go under contract quickly, so whomever you end up working with, they need to keep close watch for new listings for you. Have you considered Stonehaven on Clark road? There are a couple of 3 bedroom listings there at the moment that are similar in price to Pinestone or Plaza De Flores. One is a short sale, which can takes 3 to 4 months (or more) to close.

I would also suggest having a proof of funds letter ready to go as sellers usually want to see a proof of funds letter up front when buyers submit cash offers and proof of funds is mandatory on bank owned listings.
I noticed the 3BR turnover. I wonder if people like me who were looking at 2BRs pre economic crisis are now looking at 3BRs. I haven't seen a 3 BR in either community in at least 4 months. We were never shown Stonehaven. Concrete block construction? Thanks for the input. Our broker gave us a referral but my wife is hesitant. Could you PM me some business info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area