Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 10:49 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I haven't done that yet but am considering it, especially next time I visit a certain friend and her husband in a certain city. They have a spacious 3-BR 2.5-BA home, but hubby doesn't sleep in the master with his wife -- supposedly due to his snoring. Uses one of the other rooms as his bedroom and uses the hall bath as his bath. So, when I'm visiting, you'd think maybe he'd sleep with the wife and let me have the bathroom? No, he moves to the third bedroom and still takes his shower in the hall bath. His clothes are all jammed in the closet in "my" room, there's barely any room for me to hang anything up, and every day he has to come in and get clothes. And I also have to share that bathroom with him. He's a complete OCD neat freak so I can't leave anything on the bathroom counter. And I have a LOT of makeup and hair stuff, not to mention toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. Nope, all has to be put away in a drawer. She didn't say that to me directly, but after the first time I visited and had my stuff all over the bathroom I shared with him, she let me know next time that there was a drawer I could use. Mind you, I'm only there a few days, not like it's a week or more.

I don't know about you, but I would never treat my guests this way.
Just curious (and I know totally off point) -- Why does he move to the third bedroom? Why doesn't he just stay in his own bedroom and let you have the 3rd bedroom?

Regarding the rest of your post, I agree with everyone else. Just having a guest in their home can be disruptive enough to their routine. Expecting them to then change their living arrangements to allow for your convenience over their own comfort is asking too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 10:59 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Just curious (and I know totally off point) -- Why does he move to the third bedroom? Why doesn't he just stay in his own bedroom and let you have the 3rd bedroom?

He probably snores very loudly and keeps the wife awake. If you’ve never had to sleep with a loud, snoring person, you are very lucky. Miserable! Or maybe he uses a CPAP machine.

Actually, I don’t think that is any of the guest’s business.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:24 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post

Regarding the rest of your post, I agree with everyone else. Just having a guest in their home can be disruptive enough to their routine. Expecting them to then change their living arrangements to allow for your convenience over their own comfort is asking too much.
The third bedroom is more of an office, has a daybed. I would've been fine sleeping in there, I don't know why he moved. Especially since he has to keep coming in the room to get his clothes, and there's no room for me to fit my clothes.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
He probably snores very loudly and keeps the wife awake. If you’ve never had to sleep with a loud, snoring person, you are very lucky. Miserable! Or maybe he uses a CPAP machine.

Actually, I don’t think that is any of the guest’s business.
I've already said it's because he snores. And no, he doesn't use a CPAP machine. And yes, I can't sleep with someone who snores. But the snoring doesn't have anything to do with why he can't use the master bathroom while guests are there.

Anyway, those of you who have "family rules" that guests must follow sound like you're dealing with children at a sleepover.

Puts me in mind of another OCD couple that I'd never stay again with. They gave me the guest room and hall bath for myself, which was nice. We were getting ready to go to dinner one night (which I was buying) and I was blowdrying my hair. My hair's really thick so I dry it partially, then let it air-dry, then dry the rest in a few minutes. Between dryings, I had gone into the bedroom (right next to the bathroom!), and when I came back into the bathroom, my blow dryer was unplugged. Without asking me if I was finished with it, the wife just swung by and pulled out the plug. But I guess you'll say the family rule is that the dryer gets unplugged between each pass.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:57 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Are you really good friends with the wife?

I don’t like to have sleepover guests anymore. Too much work and an invasion of privacy. When we lived in FL, the guests had a wing to themselves and we had a pool to entertain them.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:43 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,935 times
I too sleep in the master and my husband uses one of the other bedrooms. Since bedroom 2 & 3 share a bath, when my sister and her husband come to visit, I move into the "guest" room and give them the master. I take enough clothes for their stay and my personal stuff over to the other bedroom and bathroom. That way husband and I can share the bath and guests have privacy in master with own bath. They only come every other year, for 4-5 days so it's not that bug an inconvenience.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Are you really good friends with the wife?

I don’t like to have sleepover guests anymore. Too much work and an invasion of privacy. When we lived in FL, the guests had a wing to themselves and we had a pool to entertain them.
The wife was a neighbor of mine when I lived there. We were very good friends and have stayed in contact since I moved back east 20 years ago. She married him after I moved back. I don't visit often and it would be awkward to say I'd prefer to get a hotel but if I ever do go again, I think that's what I'll do.

Yes, my FL condo is ideal for guests, as are a lot of FL layouts. Master bed/bath are on opposite side of the condo from the guest bed/bath. Very private for guests.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
I too sleep in the master and my husband uses one of the other bedrooms. Since bedroom 2 & 3 share a bath, when my sister and her husband come to visit, I move into the "guest" room and give them the master. I take enough clothes for their stay and my personal stuff over to the other bedroom and bathroom. That way husband and I can share the bath and guests have privacy in master with own bath. They only come every other year, for 4-5 days so it's not that bug an inconvenience.
Right, that's what I'd expect (not for you to give me the master bedroom, but at least not expect me to share a bathroom with your husband LOL). You sound very considerate!

Old 08-03-2020, 09:45 AM

285 posts, read 229,064 times
just get a hotel room and keep folks away

Old 08-04-2020, 03:20 PM

428 posts, read 1,082,964 times
Not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area