U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 11:03 AM

109 posts, read 286,392 times

Advertisements

Hey There .

we almost had enough of broward county . want quiet and relaxed , good people . how is Seista Key , Longboat Key ?

Expensive buy 1/1 Condo ?

Thanks !!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 AM

157 posts, read 358,358 times
Hi there

It just depends what you are looking for and what your budget is. I live on Siesta Key not far from the village and the beach in a non-deed restricted canopy road. Our neighbour hood is great and very quiet but everybody takes their time to chat and say hi. It's a good mix of people older and families with the majority of us all year rounders which I personally think makes a difference instead of a transient area. I still hear about property coming onto the market in this area that is sometimes cheaper than the condos.

Sometimes the traffic was busy this year in the season but I really notice the difference now, it's a small price to pay to live in a great location

I personally found Longboat a bit stuffy but I do also like Anna Maria Island which is laid back.

Good Luck with your move, if you want any advice about Siesta I would be more than happy

Old 04-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Thanks !!!

Well , thinking moving back to Daytona Bch Shores , where I was living before moving down to Ft. Lauderdale . However , i hear good things about Anna Maria , Seista Key , Longboat key and downtown Sarasota . i am 48 , single , no kids . Retired , steady income about $5500 before bills . have about $400k saved up to buy a small 2/2 condo . thanks for helping me .

Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM

SO FLORIDA is to busy , traffic bad . winter snowbirds everywhere clogging up traffic . i had enouf here . thanks

Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 PM

157 posts, read 358,358 times
Only occasionally to get on the key at particular times and days, it's a great place to live - so much culture and great restaurants. I've lived all around the world and this is the best place yet. I lived in London, Hong Kong, the traffic is a breeze here compared to there

Old 04-10-2012, 12:26 PM

16,228 posts, read 34,774,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siestachica View Post
Only occasionally to get on the key at particular times and days, it's a great place to live - so much culture and great restaurants. I've lived all around the world and this is the best place yet. I lived in London, Hong Kong, the traffic is a breeze here compared to there
That right there is a great testimonial!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM

well , I'd be very careful cause Sarasota might becoem another Broward County !!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,420,552 times
Totally agree with siestachica. We've lived in the Sarasota area almost 5 years but recently moved to Siesta. In less than a month, I've met half a dozen neighbors. After living somewhere else for 4+ years & barely meeting any of my neighbors, Siesta is breath of fresh air.

Spring Break time is crazy but temporary. As mentioned, it's a small price to pay for living somewhere great.

Longboat is nice but too "stuffy old money" for me. I wanted a younger vibrant area to raise my kids.

Last edited by PixiStix; 04-10-2012 at 01:26 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM

11,731 posts, read 10,891,865 times
My husband and I live right off Siesta Key in Gulf Gate and we love it!

I was joking that I'm never in normal people clothes. I'm either in workout clothes, my work uniform of shorts and a tank top, or my bathing suit.

I ride my bike to work every day. We bike to the Village on Siesta and eat and drink, we beach it two days a week at Crescent Beach.

I know and like my neighbors.

I thank God every day and really feel like we've hit the jackpot.

FWIW I'm from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina so I've lived at the beach all my life. This is just different. More laid back.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 PM

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area