U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM

19 posts, read 22,767 times

Advertisements

I have been reading the area forum for the last few weeks since my hubby interviewed for a job in Bradenton. Well, he got the job and will be moving in with a friend in a few weeks. I will follow in about 5-6 months when lease on this house is up. He moved from Chicago suburbs to Orlando about two years ago and I followed about 8 months later, and he had lost his job 3 months after I arrived. Luckily he found something quick and we had insurance, but very little money! I own a mobile grooming business and did quite well building it up fairly quickly. I am lucky that I can just up and start over but need to choose where we will live carefully.

I have time to look for a rental so that is a good thing. I am concerned though because the two houses we have rented in Orlando were a bit hard to come by in our price rance and with our requirements. Seems like nothing came to market until about 3-4 weeks before we were ready to rent. We owned a house in Illinois and never had to be in such a position to not know where you will live. I would love to get some advice on different areas you all might think would be good for us. I will be able to make plenty of trips out and check out neighborhoods etc...
Here is what we will look for:

1. Needs to be a house, with a mobile van I need to fill with water every day. Also have to be able to park my van with graphics on it in driveway. (assuming a hood with HOA wont work)

2. Within 30 minutes of his job, which is in the area of Cortez and 14th st.

3. We have 4 dogs, so that is always an issue.

4. Area I work in will have about a 10 mile radius around it to get clients from. So, while it does not have to be super affluent area, not very low income area because I wont get clients in mobile grooming who will pay for a premium convenient service.

5. Looking to pay about $1000-$1500 for a house to rent, we are very comfortable with about $1300, $1500 is stretching it, but doable. (we will now try to save and buy something in the next 4-5 years and dont want to blow all my money on rent!) Daughter is 21 and stayed in Chicago so no school issues. We are not picky about a house, old is fine, small is fine, but not getting rid of my dogs and need a fenced yard.

I look forward to heading our ASAP to look around and check it all out. So happy to move to the area as Orlando was never my first choice to live. Always wanted to be closer to the coast!
Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM

15,833 posts, read 33,170,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groomz View Post
I have been reading the area forum for the last few weeks since my hubby interviewed for a job in Bradenton. Well, he got the job and will be moving in with a friend in a few weeks. I will follow in about 5-6 months when lease on this house is up. He moved from Chicago suburbs to Orlando about two years ago and I followed about 8 months later, and he had lost his job 3 months after I arrived. Luckily he found something quick and we had insurance, but very little money! I own a mobile grooming business and did quite well building it up fairly quickly. I am lucky that I can just up and start over but need to choose where we will live carefully.

I have time to look for a rental so that is a good thing. I am concerned though because the two houses we have rented in Orlando were a bit hard to come by in our price rance and with our requirements. Seems like nothing came to market until about 3-4 weeks before we were ready to rent. We owned a house in Illinois and never had to be in such a position to not know where you will live. I would love to get some advice on different areas you all might think would be good for us. I will be able to make plenty of trips out and check out neighborhoods etc...
Here is what we will look for:

1. Needs to be a house, with a mobile van I need to fill with water every day. Also have to be able to park my van with graphics on it in driveway. (assuming a hood with HOA wont work)

2. Within 30 minutes of his job, which is in the area of Cortez and 14th st.

3. We have 4 dogs, so that is always an issue.

4. Area I work in will have about a 10 mile radius around it to get clients from. So, while it does not have to be super affluent area, not very low income area because I wont get clients in mobile grooming who will pay for a premium convenient service.

5. Looking to pay about $1000-$1500 for a house to rent, we are very comfortable with about $1300, $1500 is stretching it, but doable. (we will now try to save and buy something in the next 4-5 years and dont want to blow all my money on rent!) Daughter is 21 and stayed in Chicago so no school issues. We are not picky about a house, old is fine, small is fine, but not getting rid of my dogs and need a fenced yard.

I look forward to heading our ASAP to look around and check it all out. So happy to move to the area as Orlando was never my first choice to live. Always wanted to be closer to the coast!
Thanks!
You might try my neighborhood, Whitfield Estates. Whitfield is on the northern edge of Sarasota in Manatee County, north of the airport. Only about 3 miles to your hubby's job. There is a mix of housing from newer going back to the 1920's. There is an HOA, but it's voluntary, $25.00 per year and restrictions are minimal. I live on the bayside which is beautiful, yards are large, it's dog-friendly, lots of open land/park area (owned by the airport) and I do believe you can park your van in the driveway. There are restrictions about work-trucks, but I see plenty of vans with graphics that belong to owners here. You would want to confirm that depending which section of Whitfield it is, (different communities).

Try Craigslist for rentals. When you search, type in Whitfield and see what comes up in the houses for rent.

congratulations and good luck!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 PM

Thanks!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 AM

15,833 posts, read 33,170,911 times
I also forgot to mention that a brand new upscale Pet Resort is opening right near here on the north Trail (US 41) across from the airport. It's called Bayside Pet Resort, and it is very large. Not sure when they will be open, but maybe something that can help you somehow?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 AM

I looked up that pet resort, nice looking place. Hubby is moving in with a friend in Bradenton this weekend, starts job on Monday, cant wait to start coming out and looking around. 5 months till I can move.....

Old 06-25-2012, 09:54 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,766,273 times
We live in Regal Oaks and absolutely love it! We are just outside of Mote Ranch, very close to LWR, and have all amenities we need along University Parkway..it's really a great area, we feel blessed to have found a hidden gem!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM

It is coming down to the wire, seriously looking for a rental house now. Moving in about 5 weeks and have not really seen much available for October 1. Still seeing lots for Sept 1. Getting scary!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:25 PM

4,816 posts, read 6,537,149 times
Why don't you contact the landlord and ask about 10/1? Sept. 1 is only a week away, and if they haven't rented it by now, could be doubtful that someone will pop up that quickly. Or perhaps you could ask for mid-Sept.? I do see a home listed in Whitfield Estates that seems to fit your bill, but it's one of only two listings on Craigslist so you should move quickly at this point.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 AM

Thanks, that one we have called on, waiting on reply. Craigslist has been where I mostly look, now branching out looking at other sites, if I can find them!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:09 PM

279 posts, read 510,603 times
so pay for september if you absolutely have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area