U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM

31 posts, read 200,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoOsprey View Post
what's unbelievable? it's in the middle of nowhere - not on water, near a lake in Orlando. It's double the price of the other houses around it. Oh and $11k taxes, who wants that in FL? That's why I left NY! It was assessed for $624 in 2010. Someone paid $740k for it in 2009 and it went back on the market a year and a half later at $879k, removed, rraised price higher then dropped price again. I say GOOD LUCK selling that beast lol
Much cheaper than income taxes though in NY I'm guessing
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM

3,178 posts, read 4,972,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
oh u poor thing! I'm concerned you'll be struggling. an income of $400k? lower-middle class at best.
WAY out of line! Your obnoxious, rude post has been reported to the mods.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 PM

10,963 posts, read 9,685,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxmb View Post
Also for example how much would it cost to maintain a house like this?

10432 Wittenberg Way, Orlando FL | MLS# O5088062 - Trulia

Would cost $4000-$4500 for mortgage and property taxes. How well would $6000 left over per month for insurances/entertainment/bills/etc everything serve? Clueless about costs really, would like some info.

By the way that house is much too big and extravagant for me I was just wondering out of curiosity.
Don't forget the $100,000 it's going to cost you to furnish a place like that. It's beautiful but it makes my head hurt.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:42 AM

10,202 posts, read 6,588,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Wow, someone took a "I'm touchy today" pill this morning. Lighten up, life goes better that way.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:22 AM

3,178 posts, read 4,972,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Wow, someone took a "I'm touchy today" pill this morning. Lighten up, life goes better that way.
OMG, YOU are SO funny!!!! "I'm touchy today pill", HAHAHAHA Did you come up with that all by yourself??? I'm impressed.
Read the post I quoted. It was rude and uncalled for. Just because someone makes good money doesn't warrant attacks & rude responses from others to make themselves feel better. It's against the terms here on CD.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 AM

31 posts, read 200,745 times
Quote:
OMG, YOU are SO funny!!!! "I'm touchy today pill", HAHAHAHA Did you come up with that all by yourself??? I'm impressed.
Read the post I quoted. It was rude and uncalled for. Just because someone makes good money doesn't warrant attacks & rude responses from others to make themselves feel better. It's against the terms here on CD.
Thanks for defending my thread I guess, can't say I didn't expect anything like that so it's okay I guess lol.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 PM

279 posts, read 510,550 times
Quote:
Much cheaper than income taxes though in NY I'm guessing
yes but it's separate from income taxes. we were in an average working class neighborhood and my combined property/school taxes were $10k+ not to mention we lost 1/3 of our paychecks to state and federal income taxes!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,068,367 times
Quote:
Your obnoxious, puritan, soccer mom post should be reported as well.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 AM

1,389 posts, read 2,068,367 times
Quote:
Wow.

Valium. Use it.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:27 PM

67 posts, read 136,087 times
Quote:
In Sarasota/bradenton/venice area?

For a couple late 20s early 30s
Situation 1: Household spending budget per month is $10,000. (No kids yet) (300k income)

Situation 2: Household spending budget per month is $15,000. (No kids 2 adults) (400k+ income)

This would be after taxes/after saving/retirement fund etc.

Not sure about prices anymore, haven't been in Florida/USA in a while.

Like what type of house/cars/overall lifestyle would this budget be able to afford? Thanks.
You will be better than fine here. I can see your concern as on the west coast in some areas you would be average or below. Florida is much more affordable than California. You will enjoy it here as long as you can ignore the attitudes of certain folks, ie..above posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area