Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 02:50 PM

103 posts, read 381,274 times

Advertisements

Hi there. A few quick questions ....

1. Is Sarasota water floridated?
2. Are there photo enforced stoplights?
3. Are the police officers generally reasonable, decent people or raging bullies?

We believe in the right of every person to do as he or she wishes as long as they don't infringe on anyone else's rights. Pretty simple, really. As you see it, is the mood in Sarasota kind of like this? Or are the people on the busybody side? How about the local gov.? Two cities can have identical laws on the books and yet enforce them very differently and we're hoping that Sarasota is the kind of place that is friendly and respectful of each individual, if that makes any sense
ps W'ere from a pretty small town in Cali with super low crime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,199,652 times
We have been here for 7 months. I rarely ever see a police officer unless there's a crash. We always remark about the lack of police and enforcement of traffic laws. To us, its like the wild, wild, West out on the roads. I have no idea if they are friendly as I never see any.

We are from NY and the people here appear friendly but keep to themselves. Most seem to be from the MidWest or Canada.

There are photo stoplights all over the place. I have already gotten a ticket for going through a red light - which I didn't do - but the photo shows my car. I was going through an intersection on a yellow light. Now, I don't go through yellow lights. Beware of those cameras!

I wouldn't worry about the police or enforcing laws. No one seems to care much about anything.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Here are some links where you will find answers to your questions.

Florida flouridated water:
Community Water Fluoridation - Dental Health
The map shows Sarasota as Natural Flouride.

Link to Sarasota County Water and Utilities: Sarasota County Environmental Services Water
Sarasota County Utilities

Yes, there are photo enforced stop lights in Sarasota.
Red light camera list: Sarasota, Florida GPS Red Light Camera POI's

I can't attest to the demeanor and nature of police officers in Sarasota. I live in Charlotte County.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 PM

509 posts, read 907,304 times
I haven't had many experiences with cops here, but from what interaction I have had, they seem professional, and if one is respectful & cooperative, that attitude is what you get in return. Generally speaking, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area