Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times

Advertisements

It was number one on my list, I cringe and ache just looking at pictures of snow. It was always my intent to live in an area that stayed warmer for an extended period of time since I was in my teens. I knew what I wanted why I wanted it and haven't ever been disappointed about that decision.

I don't begrudge those that enjoy a different climate, to each their own. I do begrude some of these folks that move here and don't make use of the beaches, what's up with that? Choose to move to a beach area and don't like beaches. Now that baffles me. I can't seem to convince my latest new found friends to go to the beach, they don't do the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 01:33 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
It was number one on my list, I cringe and ache just looking at pictures of snow. It was always my intent to live in an area that stayed warmer for an extended period of time since I was in my teens. I knew what I wanted why I wanted it and haven't ever been disappointed about that decision.

I don't begrudge those that enjoy a different climate, to each their own. I do begrude some of these folks that move here and don't make use of the beaches, what's up with that? Choose to move to a beach area and don't like beaches. Now that baffles me. I can't seem to convince my latest new found friends to go to the beach, they don't do the beach.
That's pretty much my story as far as moving to FL. I left the cold of OK the minute I was old enough too. I wouldn't go back to that type of weather in a million years.

We did the beach for a number of years, but just didn't enjoy it any more. Too much hassle dealing with the bridges, traffic, parking, people, sand, etc.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
That's pretty much my story as far as moving to FL. I left the cold of OK the minute I was old enough too. I wouldn't go back to that type of weather in a million years.

We did the beach for a number of years, but just didn't enjoy it any more. Too much hassle dealing with the bridges, traffic, parking, people, sand, etc.
That I get, these friends, never went, and don't plan on going to tje beach unless I push. I don't want to twist their arm as it would ruin my day at the beach just listening to them whine about how hot the sun is. I admit, I take my popup beach tent with me.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:25 AM

509 posts, read 907,216 times
Are those tents easy to set up? Compared to a beach umbrella, for example?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,608 times
The weather was the number one factor in our move. Was sick and tired of the gray and gloomy skies all winter. My bones ached all the time.We started our move in January and finished in April. Love it so far. If it gets really hot in the summer like people say, that's OK. You don't have to shovel heat!

Old 05-17-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frida7 View Post
Are those tents easy to set up? Compared to a beach umbrella, for example?
Yes, at least the kind I have, you just plop it down and it pops open, people are always staring enviously.

I do make sure I fill the side pockets with sand, so it doesn't blow away. The first kind of beach tent I had, wasn't a popup and it was a nightmare experience, spent an hour trying to get it arranged, to no avail, later had a more manageble one, but still was a bit of a struggle where people were always coming over to try to assist. This one, don't need nobody. does take a little practice learning to refold, but onces you master it, takes less than 30 seconds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area