U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 AM

724 posts, read 930,775 times

Advertisements

I have been on this site for years, reading and waiting for the time when we will be moving back to FL. We lived on the east coast for 10 years in the 90's and then a job transfer sent us to NY. My husband might be able to telecommute and if so, we can push our move up. I am very familiar with FL: the weather, the bugs, etc. We come down about 3-4 times a year and always look around at developments, houses, etc and pretty much think we want to be in the LWR area (not necessarily LWR, but that area). We don't mind being a drive to the beach, as we won't be going everyday. I also want a development with a community pool (we never had our own and don't want one now) and if it also is in a maintainance free area that would be fine (otherwise I would just hire for that). We want a home between 1800-2000 sf, newer if possible (if not new) 3 bd, NO living room, great room only, must have a lanai. Den would be nice. It's the 2 of us with children visiting. I'd like to stay under $325,000). Any opinions are appreciated.

As for a job for me, I am always perusing online sites. I am a medical biller. I hope that I would be able to find something. I know how hard jobs are to find anywhere nowadays, but the medical field is still one that takes experienced help and I have that. Any opinions on this as well would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 07:15 AM

3,979 posts, read 9,082,643 times
We moved here from NY about 8 years ago and will never go back, only to visit.

You can search the local MLS for homes at: Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS

Click the link to view some homes in Lakewood Ranch that match your criteria:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lakewood Ranch.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	95487

Here is a web link to Lakewood Ranch where you can read about each of the different communities within- Florida Homes - Florida Real Estate | Lakewood Ranch

Sites you can use for job searches: www.employflorida.com, www.heraldtribune.com, www.jobfocus.com, www.indeed.com

Hospitals in the area:
Sarasota Memorial Hospital ,1700 Tamiami Trail Sarasota , FL 941.917.9000
Doctors Hospital of Saraosta,5731 Bee Ridge Road Sarasota, FL 941.342.1100

Lakewood Ranch Medical Center,8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd. Lakewood Ranch, FL 941.782.2100

Venice Regional Medical Center,540 The Rialto Venice, FL 941.485.7711

Good luck on your job search and home search. My step-son to be hunted for a medical billing job in Sarasota for almost two years and finally accepted a job in customer service for Venice Regional. He lives in Sarasota and they are building a new location near him off of Fruitville Rd in Sarasota and will be transferring to that location when it is finished. He answers medical billing questions online and they are very busy and have been hiring a lot of employees lately.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,171,590 times
The new LWR community Esplanade sounds about right for you....

Homes in Lakewood Ranch for Sale: Esplanade at Lakewood Ranch Real Estate from Taylor Morrison

Old 05-19-2012, 08:54 AM

10,939 posts, read 9,681,179 times
Have you thought about a townhouse instead of a single family home? You could get a lot for your budget. Congrats and good luck!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:18 AM

1,643 posts, read 3,005,603 times
You are in the enviable position of having a price point and wish list that are absolutely unbelievably simple to satisfy. You will have fun with your search.

Best of luck.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:19 AM

5,636 posts, read 8,993,325 times
Just be careful as you weigh one place against another to also compare the community fees. Some are much higher than others and you want to be sure, as you purchase your dream home, that the fees don't put too much demand on your cash flow. Hope it works for you! I know how much you want this!

Old 05-19-2012, 11:08 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,764,328 times
Try Mote Ranch also, same general area -- without the CDD fees and pretty low HOA fees Beautiful homes, Olympic size community pool and clubhouse, beautiful nature walk around the Braden River- certainly homes in your price range! Many different floor plans in the subdivisions also. Cooper Ridge, Chaparrel, University Place, River Bend are some of the neighborhoods in Mote. Great access to I75 and just minutes from the best beach in the nation- Siesta Key. There are plenty of amenities along University Parkway also. We live just outside here and my sister and her husband live there.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 AM

3,574 posts, read 5,137,210 times
You'll find that many of the homes built in the 2000s will still have the more traditionally popular floor plans of formal living/dining room + family room/kitchen combo.

Floor plans that do away with the formal living/dining rooms and having instead a large great room are becoming more popular and builders are adding more models with that type of floor plan.

Neal Communities in Belleisle in Country Club East (Lakewood Ranch) offers several such models that have the sq ft you want and potentially in your price range:

Morning Sun 2 (2480 sq ft living space)
Windsong (2367 sq ft living space)
Endless Summer 2 (love that one) (2165 sq ft living space)
Evintide 2 (1870 sq ft living space)

Belleisle is a gated community with a larger community pool and smaller clubhouse, it also has a golf course.

Esplanade at Lakewood Ranch by Taylor Morrison may be another option.

TM's floor plans are pretty much all great room concepts, even their paired villas. The Arezzo villa floor plan is 1926 sq ft living space with 3 bedrooms and a den.

I will confess, I'd move into their Castello model home tomrrow if I thought Rhonda would let me get away with it. That's my dream home.

Esplanade has 4 basic home models that start at prices under $300,000. However, once you start adding extras you will find the prices may go over your targeted price range.

They are finally breaking ground on the clubhouse, which will have a fitness center, a ballroom, billiard room, library, kitchens and other activity rooms. Once finished they will have a full-time, on site lifestyle director to coordinate activities, clubs and events for residents.

Esplanade is part of a stewardship district, Belleisle is part of a community development district, so both will have annual district fees in addition to HOA fees.

Central Park at Lakewood Ranch would fit most of your criteria except for community pool. Claremont Park is the only one of the neighborhoods within Central Park with a community pool.

Central Park is also within a stewardship district. You can pay the district bonded improvement fee up front at closing or elect to pay it as an addition to your annual property tax bill over the life of the bond period.

Woodbrook, a Neal Homes community at the corner of Lockwood Ridge Rd & Honore in south Manatee county (a few miles west of Lakewood Ranch) has some great room concept options:

White Sand (1947 sq ft living space)
Blue Sky 2 (2147 sq ft living space)
Starlight (2233 sq ft living space) (really nice)

If you like 2 story homes the Sunrise is another option.

Woodbrook is gated (electronic) and has a community pool with a small clubhouse. Lawn service is included in the HOA fees. It is not a CDD or stewardship district.

There are a number of other new communities in the Parrish and Ellenton area that would also fall within your price range if you don't mind being further out.

It's great news that you will finally get to make the move to FL. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:03 PM

724 posts, read 930,775 times
Thank you all so much for the info. Going to start researching those areas you mentioned.

My husband has started to buy paint for some rooms in our house to freshen them up and start getting ready to put it on the market. The more we are looking around our house we are thinking of taking a lot less with us. It'll be good to clean things out and be a lot lighter when we move.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 AM

40 posts, read 92,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Floor plans that do away with the formal living/dining rooms and having instead a large great room are becoming more popular and builders are adding more models with that type of floor plan.

Thank God!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area