Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:23 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times

Advertisements

Gulf Gate houses go quickly so if you like it don't hesitate. What is the address?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 01:56 PM

I just looked at craigslist and the house I saw that fit your description I'd probably pass on. It's on the other not so nice side of Lockwood Ridge close to Clark. While I can't say anything bad about the hose, it doesn't have that Gulf Gate feel.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 PM

28 posts, read 48,597 times
blueheron - So that's good to know, there is a not so nice area of Gulf Gate? I guess that would explain the low price for the area. I am going to have the realtor look at it but can you tell me anything else about that particular area? Are the crime rates high there? She said it was walking distance to Gulf Gate Elementary, is that true? So is that school not in the best section either. Anything you can tell me would be very much appreciated.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM

I don't know about crime rates. I ride my bike through there on the way to the gym and just get a weird feeling. Casey Realty has a house on the corner of Gulf Gate and Glades that is very nice. There is also a nice one on Marksbury near Beneva that is nice.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:46 AM

Blueherons - I was able to get a satellite view of the street and I think you are probably right. I am going to tell the realtor to forget it. The properties don't look like they are maintained, especially next door. Cars look beat up, etc. That's not a place I want to raise the kids. Thanks for the head's up!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbb28 View Post
Blueherons - I was able to get a satellite view of the street and I think you are probably right. I am going to tell the realtor to forget it. The properties don't look like they are maintained, especially next door. Cars look beat up, etc. That's not a place I want to raise the kids. Thanks for the head's up!

That is why I like this tool, you can get a pretty good look around a neighborhood if you type in an address and click on street view and move the page around from various angles going all the way up and down for blocks on end.

http://www.walkscore.com/score/2354-...asota-fl-34231

Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 AM

TRosa - that's what I used based on your suggestion. Thank you!

There just doesn't seem to be any homes in our price range. It's so frustrating because we are kind of on a time crunch.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:47 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbb28 View Post
TRosa - that's what I used based on your suggestion. Thank you!

There just doesn't seem to be any homes in our price range. It's so frustrating because we are kind of on a time crunch.

Wish I could be more helpful, have you tried using Hotpads to look at some places as well? I will keep my eyes and ears open, sometimes I see homes with signs around the neighborhood. But you could try using the link below to type in stats of what you seek and see what comes up.

http://hotpads.com/apartments/6551-G...ultsPerQuad=24

I know for me people on this site were extremely helpful in indirectly steering me away from areas I wouldn't have been happy with. I, also, made great use of all the Internet tools I could find to view various locations, I even used youtube to tour the area via other people's vacations and living experiences, tourist stories and such. What was real important, being that I'm no longer able to drive, was location, location, location, I needed to be able to have access to shopping and other important daily living activities. I was pretty certain before I came down to the area, where I wanted to reside, thankfully it worked out. Hopefully, I won't soon be priced out of my location.

Last edited by TRosa; 06-20-2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,007 times
Maybe look at townhomes? It might be a good compromise. I'm not sure if there is a difference in condos vs. townhomes as far as property rules (i.e. no grilling, etc..)

Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 AM

Pixistix - we are definitely open to town homes as well. There just doesn't seem to be much out there in the more desirable areas.

I will definitely check out hot pads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area