Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 05:34 PM

8,179 posts, read 4,654,186 times

Advertisements

Cash deals are the new normal in real estate | HeraldTribune.com (click for full article)

"Cash deals — where individuals or investor groups whip out a checkbook to buy a home — now account for an unprecedented two-thirds of all Southwest Florida's residential deals.

The trend, which has been growing since 2008, is doing a favor for a troubled market, both by taking out inventory and by pushing prices up.

But the same practice, along with the unlikely bidding wars that has been created for individual properties, is also squeezing out some traditional buyers."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 AM

58 posts, read 193,058 times
oh yea especially if its a bank owned propery

Old 07-07-2012, 09:51 AM

398 posts, read 822,275 times
We paid cash for a second residence and it made a difference because these people were upside down and ready to move into short sale/foreclosure status etc. Closed fast with no appraisal, just an inspection.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:46 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,907 times
what happens when all the buyers with cash run out of cash or have fulfilled their needs. the cash they are spending on the house purchase here is more than likely all going to the banks. none of that money is going to the homeowner as they are more than likely under water. that does zip for the local economy. no cash infusion. no profits

Old 07-07-2012, 06:57 PM

490 posts, read 624,004 times
I've been accused of many things but being normal was never one of them. My wife and I just closed on a lovely 3/2 in central Sarasota by means of a conventional loan. Non short sale/foreclosure. Our credit is decent but nothing to shout about. I've been at my job less than a year but my wife has 5 years in. I think what saved it for us was a good debt to income ratio. We have been busy this week flooding the local economy with our hard earned dollars leaving behind big smiles at furniture and home improvement stores, restaurants and grocery stores. Take that cash buyers and investment groups!

Old 07-08-2012, 04:22 PM

8,179 posts, read 4,654,186 times
High rents, tight credit put many at the mercy of the market - Life Inc. (click for full article)

"One night last spring, David Hall returned home to his studio apartment outside Boston to learn that his monthly rent had spiked from $725 to $995.

It would be much cheaper for the maintenance manager to buy a nearby starter house than to stay put. But his mortgage broker told him that while his credit score was good, it was not high enough to meet banks' tough standards, he said.

"I know if I walk into a bank, they are just going to laugh at me," Hall says. "So I'm stuck."

He is not alone.

Five years after the housing bubble burst, the United States is in the midst of a housing affordability crisis. Home prices have fallen a third from their peaks, but many Americans cannot benefit because they cannot get a mortgage.

With credit tight, many consumers have no choice but to rent. Others who can afford to buy are also renting, because they view real estate as a lousy investment. With this increased demand, rents in some cities have jumped by double-digit percentage rates."

Old 07-09-2012, 07:33 AM

378 posts, read 629,162 times
Good read, Wondermint. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area