U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 02:28 PM

80 posts, read 171,156 times

Advertisements

Loved Serenoa, The Lakes, Hidden Oaks, etc. Are there any other communities we have missed NORTH of Osprey, in SARASOTA, with lots of at least 1 acre, without ridiculous HOA's or taxes?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 05:55 PM

6,864 posts, read 10,722,285 times
Don't know about the HOA rules or the taxes but some 2 and 5 acre communities are- Fox Fire 2 ac on Proctor, non named area south of Clark Rd-east of Ibis, 5 ac- Gator Creek on Bee Ridge ext, Saddle Creek and Myakka Valley Ranch on St Rd 72 [Clark] On Fruitville [east] Bern Creek, Oak Ford.
I may have missed a few.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 PM

3,893 posts, read 5,834,334 times
Here are some other area options:

Ravenwood, located off Desoto Road, just south of University Parkway. 1 acre lots, deed restricted but not excessive, low HOA fees. Homes built mainly in the 1980's to early 90's.

Desoto Acres, in north Sarasota county, running between Shade and Lockwood Ridge Rd. 1 - 5 acre lots, some really nice homes and some old 1960's ranchers, various standards of yard maintenance. Some parts are zoned for horses, were grandfathered in.

Racimo Ranches east of I75 in Sarasota (off of Fruitville, north on Tatum Ridge). 1 - 2 acre lots, there are deed restrictions but no HOA.

Shadow Oaks, east of I75, north off of Bee Ridge at Golf Club. 1 acre lots, many with large oak trees. Lots of 2 story homes.

Mill Creek, in Manatee county off of SR64. Minimum 1 acre lots, newest section is really nice. Also deed restricted with lower HOA fees.

Braden Woods, near Lakewood Ranch. 1 acre lots, tall trees, nice neighborhood. HOA but fees are reasonable.

Panther Ridge, about 9 miles east of I75 off of SR70. Gorgeous neighborhood with 1+ acre lots, it is deed restricted, HOA fees run about $190 per quarter.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 PM

3,893 posts, read 5,834,334 times
I forgot to mention one of my favorites, River Club. River Club is next door to Lakewood Ranch. In fact, the main north - south drive through River Club comes out on the south end into Lakewood Ranch Blvd. River Club is not in a community development district, so no CDD fees. HOA fees vary slightly from one section to another, but most run less than $800 per year (excluding the maintenance free section).

Most of the lots run about an acre, although some are up to 3 acres in size. Most are large homes, some are estate homes. River Club has River Club North, River Club South, River Club and River Club Sanctuary. Some of the homes there were custom built by Todd Johnson.

The country club is not mandatory.

If I hit the lotto, River Club is on my top 5 list.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 AM

3,979 posts, read 9,524,243 times
I ran a search of homes in Sarasota only with 1+ acres in a community. Here are the resulting communities with homes available for sale right now.
Bel Air Estates, Beneva Oaks, Blooming Grove, Cocoanut Bayou, Country Creek, Deer Run, DeSoto Pines, Forest at Hi Hat Ranch, Foxfire, Foxfire West, Hidden Oaks, Hidden River, Landmark Estates, Laurel Oak Estates, Meadows, Myakka Valley, Oak Ford, Rollins Pond Estates, Sanderling Club, Turtle Creek.

You can search for homes in the MLS at the following web site: http://myfloridahomesmls.com/

Old 07-12-2012, 07:50 PM

Thanks all---trying to keep it south in Sarasota rather than Bradenton, and no more than 3 miles east of 75.
Want lots of trees, large lot, like Serenoa and The Lakes, and Hidden Oaks. Deed restricted!!!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:50 PM

6,864 posts, read 10,722,285 times
Forgot another 1 ac area. Hidden Forest, Lost Forest. Enter at Mink Rd - 47 St No hoa, some restrictions but not enforced.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:46 AM

222 posts, read 803,481 times
Gulf Gate East off beneva which is south sarasota has some decent lots.

Some lots are big, however I do not believe they are 1 acre.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 PM

Default Communities with large lots

Heavy tree cover and enforced deed restriction (otherwise why bother?), 1 acre or more. Non-negotiable!

Last edited by goin south; 07-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: forgot a few words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area