U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 PM

6 posts, read 6,645 times

Advertisements

Hey Florida ! Yes, you. There are these things called turn signals that you can use that come standard on your vehicle. The rest of the country uses these so let others know in to what lane you intend to turn.

They are also useful so other drivers (who you seem to be oblivious to their existence) don't sit at lights or stop signs thinking you are going straight only to have you turn as they clearly sitting there waiting for you.

This act is clearly not relegated to the wealthy and elite of Florida, but also the monster truck and tail-pipe dragging canned beer drinkers of this world.

It is only by Gods good grace that the weeks we spend in Sarasota every year are not marred by the ugly sound of my automobile hitting some half-witted twit who continually weaves in and out of lanes at the breakneck speed of 10 mph while I am travelling at 55. Is there something shiney in my lane so that you feel the need to pull in front of me going slower than I? Is there at sale at Tijuana flats or another ridiculous home made commercial you need to catch? (Please Florida,stop putting pets,kids and grown men acting like idiots(auto dealership owner with a fake olympic torch acting like he is in training) in your commercials! I do voice overs, I will gladly work for free for you to stop embarrassing yourselves. I would NEVER shop at any of those places.

This leads me to my last point,repeat after me, THE LEFT HAND LANE IS FOR SLOWER TRAFFIC! If you have someone glued to your bumper in the left lane, please move over. It is very noble of you to make sure we all travel the speed of the very turtles we are trying to save on the beach, but please, I dont need someone doing 45 in a 70 right next to another person doing the same speed so a traffic jam ensues for 10 miles behind you. Are you oblivious to your rear view mirror? Do you look behind you? I am not some law breaking speed freak in an IROC Z-28 out to catch the next episode of The Deadliest Catch at the speed of sound,please just do the speed limit.

Thank you for listening Florida and God Bless the wonderful people and beautiful area we love to visit so much. You just enjoyed thousands of my dollars, and I just returned home, so trust me, no hate is intended.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 12:33 PM

2,118 posts, read 5,897,062 times
Why would I use turn signals?

I don't want to give away my next move.

Besides. It's a little hard to use turn signals AND shift gears, apply my makeup, talk on the phone, smoke, eat, read and scratch my butt all at the same time. I'm not an octopus you know. Cut me some slack.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:36 PM

One more thing, sorry, I'm on a roll. I don't like your dog. Leave it at home. Your dog doesn't need to be at a restaurant,grocery store or even in your lap as you drive. I literally saw someone walking 10 dogs around St.Armands on Satruday night. Really? Do you think I want your dogs all over me or even around me. Do you think this is a fun night out for your animals? Leave them at home in the air conditioning, they don't need to see you buying jewerly nor do they care.

I don't own a dog for a reason, I don't like them. I understand you do but don't thrust them upon me in public.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:38 PM

2,118 posts, read 5,897,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnsignal View Post
One more thing, sorry, I'm on a roll. I don't like your dog. Leave it at home.
Oh now you've gone and done it.

Leave your kids at home and we have a deal, mmmkay?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
Oh now you've gone and done it.

Leave your kids at home and we have a deal, mmmkay?

When my kids start sniffing your ass or getting tangled in your shoes - deal.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 PM

11,771 posts, read 11,025,697 times
Turn signal,

Right now, do not stop, go get in your Turn Signal mobile with It's giant signals, and go to happy hour.

Signed,
BlueHerons

Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,091,897 times
This is too funny, when we registered our car here I thought for sure someone was going to disconnect our turn signals since no one uses the things!

Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,434,454 times
I'm staying out of this one... but I'm grabbing some popcorn. Carry on

Old 07-25-2012, 02:34 PM

13 posts, read 26,013 times
This is getting good, please carry on. It is not just in Florida, was born and raised in Florida and lived from the south part to the north part, wish I was back but thats another story. I live in Georgia now and it is the same here, no turn signal, however I see more FL tags in the left lane then you can shake a stick; big problem. It just seems like now a days people just don't care and pay attention anymore. Very sad how society is evolving into.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,919,850 times
the first post i thought was a bit over dramatic. then the second post about the dogs hit it right on the head and you redeemed your self. i agree i dont want flea bitten mutts at the next table and the silliest thing i have seen is dogs in baby strollers. have these people all fallen and hit their heads and regressed to 4 year old little girls that put everything they have in their toy strollers cause they lack a real kid? dogs have legs for a reason. as soon as my kids could walk the stroller went to the trash so i didnt have to push them around. like dogs they have legs and for the same reason to get from one place to the next.

and no i dont think the little fur ball that is closer to a guinea pig than a dog is cute. all the bows in the world cant make that sissy pedigree cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area