Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:04 PM

47 posts, read 65,882 times

Advertisements

My Daughter and I have set a date for September 22 for the move to Brandenton. It is scary to start all over at age 57. I am flying out the first week in September to look at apts/houses and apply for jobs.
We have two dogs, one large and one small. I have been internet searching and was wondering if anyone can tell me about some apts. If you have any other suggestions I would like to hear about them.
Palmetto Trace Apts
Gates of Brendenton
the area of 57the Ave East (townhouse there)
All these places are in the $700.00 range. They allow the sizes of dogs we have.

If anyone knows of a good property management company would you let me know?? I would like to rent a house so the dogs could have a yard, so if you all know of any, could you let us know??
Thanks ya all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 07:41 PM

509 posts, read 906,993 times
It's Bradenton.
Damn.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:05 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,544,071 times
There is a Brandon, FL and a Bradenton, FL. I think you might mean Bradenton, FL. Here are some places to start.

Apartments:
Apartments.com - Bradenton Apartments for Rent | Bradenton, FL - Apartments.com
Apartment Guide - http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...ida/Bradenton/
For Rent - Apartments For Rent in Bradenton, FL - ForRent.com
My New Place - Bradenton Apartments for Rent - Bradenton, FL on MyNewPlace

Houses and other:
My Florida Homes - Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS
Ebay Classifieds – http://www.ebayclassifieds.com/
Florida Rental Ads –
http://www.floridarentalads.com/
Real Rentals –
http://www.realrentals.com/
Rentals.com –
www.rentals.com
Rent Range –
www.rentrange.com
Vacation Rentals by Owner – www.vrbo.com
Sarasota Herald Tribune - http://www.heraldtribune.com/
Sun Herald –
www.sunnewspapers.net
Craigslist – www.craigslist.com

Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexicotrader View Post
My Daughter and I have set a date for September 22 for the move to Brandenton. It is scary to start all over at age 57. I am flying out the first week in September to look at apts/houses and apply for jobs.
We have two dogs, one large and one small. I have been internet searching and was wondering if anyone can tell me about some apts. If you have any other suggestions I would like to hear about them.
Palmetto Trace Apts
Gates of Brendenton
the area of 57the Ave East (townhouse there)
All these places are in the $700.00 range. They allow the sizes of dogs we have.

If anyone knows of a good property management company would you let me know?? I would like to rent a house so the dogs could have a yard, so if you all know of any, could you let us know??
Thanks ya all
I'm 50 and doing the same thing (sans daughter and only one dog)!
So glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Good luck to you!

Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
I hate to say it, but neither of those are in great areas! Rule of thumb for Bradenton, stay west of 51st st, or east of the Interstate...you could also check further south near university parkway.

In your desired area, try sawgrass cove or Palma Sola Trace on 75th. I believe they both allow larger dogs..we rented for 5 years in Bradenton before buying..

Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,318 times
Maybe if I take a long time to consider my reply and carefully respond, then there will be much rejoicing throughout the land. Here goes:

Old 08-12-2012, 12:11 PM

4,612 posts, read 7,529,570 times
I hate to say it, but neither of those are in great areas! Rule of thumb for Bradenton, stay west of 51st st, or east of the Interstate..

Sorry, but I would have to disagree with this one.

Palm Aire (including the Palm Aire Country Club), Mote Ranch, University Park (fabulous gated country club & golf course community), University Place, Tara (another great golf course community), Creekwood, Mandalay, Barrington Ridge, Regal Oaks, Garden Lakes, Woodbrook (brand new gated community by Neal), Riva Trace (brand new gated, riverfront community by Medallion Homes), Mandalay, The Inlets (fabulous boating community on SR64), Riverdale, River Place, River Isles, River's Edge, Lakeridge Falls, Cascades, Quail Run, Oak Run, Country Oaks, Peridia (golfing community), Sabal Harbour, Manatee Oaks, The Trails, Briarwood, Lionshead, Barrington Ridge, Riomar are ALL located west of I75. I would be happy living in any one of those communities. Come to think of it, I do live in one of them and have loved it for over 7 years.... Much of this area was pastures and fields 20 years ago, so the area is mainly newer construction neighborhoods, shopping centers and restaurants. The area is growing by leaps and bounds, with 3 other new subdivisions in the works right now, a new shopping center going in at SR70 & Lockwood Ridge Rd, plus the new upscale shopping mall is breaking ground in less than 2 months and it too will be west of I75, off of University Parkway. Popular school districts too. So west of I75 has a lot to offer people in south Manatee county.

If you follow that "rule of thumb" you would also miss out on some of the other popular areas of Bradenton such as the Whitfield Estates area & Ballentine Manor (by the bay) in south Manatee or El Conquistador, which is located off of 34th St W. Ironwood, Pinebrook and Wildwood Springs are also east of 51st St W and all are very popular communities. The Bradenton Golf & Country Club is also located east of 51st St. W.

Rental rates have been going up in our area over the past couple of years, so $700 per month does not give you a large selection of rental options. Adding in 2 dogs, especially 1 large dog, makes the selection an even smaller pool of options. You didn't mention, what breed of dogs do you own? Many landlords will not accept tenants with specific breeds that are on the insurance list of excluded breeds.

I hope you find something acceptable and if I think of any rental options that may work for you between now and your visit in September, I will post them here.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Maybe if I take a long time to consider my reply and carefully respond, then there will be much rejoicing throughout the land. Here goes:
Ditto

Old 08-13-2012, 09:42 AM

Thank you all. For now I think we will have to rent in a less than nice area than I will in the furture since no one wants to rent to someone without two months of employment recipts. Even though I have excellent credit, have money to cover all cost and can even pay a couple of months in advance. It is hard for a responsible person to get started without a lot of start up money. I have always owned (or co-owned) a home so renting is an experiance. I would like to rent for a bit before I buy so I can know the area and get established.
I really thank everyone for their possitive responces.
Getting close to moving. My son and I will be in bradenton sept 4 though the 11th so we can check out places and employment. My son and dauther in law will follow after their homes sales here. By then I hope to know the area well enough to direct them where the best place to buy will be. I really thank you all again. You don't know how much I appreacate what you have to say.
Oh, we have a lab/boxer mix and a 16 pound dog. My dauther is 30 yrs old so I do not have to be concerned with schools. Except for the community college there.
Perhaps I will have to go up in the rental rate I have been thinking. I just do not want to dip into my down payment money for a home to buy.

Last edited by newmexicotrader; 08-13-2012 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: adding more information

Old 08-13-2012, 09:50 AM

Why the negitive reply to my post?? Everyone here is asking for information. Just because we do not know the area does not mean we are wanting to hear crap.
Am I not understanding something or are you just mean spirted?Originally Posted by Rushmore
Ditto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area