Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:45 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,362,118 times

Advertisements

Do they allow have a one day shopping pass for folks that are not yet sure if they want to join? Even if you pay extra for your stuff that day.

I googled and could not find anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 PM

279 posts, read 574,907 times
i think they only thing you can do to "try before you buy" at costco is have a friend with a membership buy a giftcard for you. then you can shop with that and you don't need a membership.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,631,795 times
I'm pretty sure you can go in and look without buying a membership (you may have to go to the desk first to get some info). They also offer a money back guarantee on the membership.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,327,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
I'm pretty sure you can go in and look without buying a membership
You definitely can. They say "sure, you just can't buy anything." The people in front of me couldn't figure out why they weren't allowed to buy anything.

I went and got the membership and shopped yesterday. Mostly underwhelmed except for the beef tenderloin I got for like $9/pound. Four big filets for $24? Woohoo.

And the giant plank of Atlantic salmon for $11 wasn't bad either.

Lastly, the six cans of LeSeur peas for $7 was a steal.

But just for the record, I do not need fifty razors or a five-gallon jug of glucosamine, you know?

Also, I see better deals on beer all over.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM

398 posts, read 819,156 times
How are the gas prices at COSTCO? Thanks

Old 08-30-2012, 10:38 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,631,795 times
Gas Buddy shows it at 3.65 as of yesterday.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM

279 posts, read 574,907 times
Well, i just got back from Costco. Nice. They put the little food court outside of the store. The store itself was big and well stocked. They said they've signed 11,000 new members! Wow. Now get shopping people! I was surprised for all the action on the Membership line there were not that many shoppers, no lines to wait on. That would be unheard of at my old Costco in NY...at lunch time no less! Hey, I don't mind a quiet store but I want the store to STAY lol So let's see, the deli and bakery are going to be my new best friends. Love picking up the big packs of bakery goodies for brunches, parties, holidays, school events, etc. Missed having a convenient deli. Hope the employees are trained properly and can hustle a bit! Nothing like putting in a deli order then 10 minutes pass and you think it's all ready and they ask you "is this thin enough?" LOL - like really?!?! you didn't even START CUTTING?!? Maddening. The rotisserie chickens are usually bigger and cheaper at Costco. Great prices on the TVs. THose were going out the door I noticed. THey said they've had ALOT of TV sales. They usually have great seasonal stuff. They had a lot of nice pre-made salads too, I don't remember that but they look good!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:25 PM

398 posts, read 819,156 times
We get some of our generic prescriptions at COSTCO pretty reasonable.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:26 PM

45 posts, read 131,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Do they allow have a one day shopping pass for folks that are not yet sure if they want to join? Even if you pay extra for your stuff that day.

I googled and could not find anything.
At our Costco, you can get a day pass and buy I believe - I'd give a quick call.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:27 PM

45 posts, read 131,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Trader Joe's is opening Sept. 7th.
Between Trader Joe's and Whole Foods... Costco is the icing on the cake and all while I am coming to SS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area