Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 09:18 AM

398 posts, read 822,109 times

Advertisements

Bought a lot from Baers. Good selection great prices. As mentioned good quality to price ratio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 02:40 PM

159 posts, read 321,907 times
Thanks! I looked at Baers web site and it did look worth checking into. Furniture Warehouse and Rooms to Go as well. Between the three...we should be able to put a small dent into the checking account. Furniture...like appliances....I love to get new....have to have new sometimes....but hate the bill!

Old 08-18-2012, 03:34 PM

19 posts, read 47,764 times
We just moved to Sarasota and bought a living room and dining room set from Rooms to Go and let me tell you, this was the most difficult purchase I have ever made. I got fair prices (after negotiating with a stubborn salesperson who didn't want to budge on the price of a floor model), but it was a disaster getting the furniture. My living room set was delivered by a kid with a pickup and an open flat bed trailer and he didn't even have help moving the furniture into my apartment (I had to help). It was also very sketchy with the way I was suppose to pay the kid bringing the living room set.

Secondly, the dining room set came the next day, but only 3 of the 4 boxes were delivered. I went to the store to pick up the missing box and when I got home, the holes on my dining room table were not drilled large enough for the dowel pins and some of the holes were not drilled all the way through (some looked to be drilled while the paint was still wet) AND the base of the table was not painted all the way.

It took several calls with managers, corporate, and the sales rep at Rooms to Go get my refund on the dining room set. I like my living room furniture, but the headaches and waste of time has turned me off from this company for good. I personally would not recommend this company to anyone, but I understand the allure, as they are affordable. I will never step foot in this store again.

I found a very nice dining room set at Sears in Sarasota Square. They didn't have much furniture, but the dining room set was perfect for me. It was an easy transaction and the assembly was easy on the product.

We traveled to Kane's, Baer's, Pomaro's, Rooms to Go, and others, but were shopping on a budget, so this is how we ended up purchasing.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,163 times
We are downsizing and need to sell some quality furniture. Item1. A Teak, low sryle queen bed built into double drawers each side with cupboards above, joined overhead with a lighted bridge. Also a matching Teak six drawer dresser surmounted by a large cupboard one side and shelves the other side. $2400. Item2. Superb 92" red leather settee $1450.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:52 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by let it go View Post
Thanks! I looked at Baers web site and it did look worth checking into. Furniture Warehouse and Rooms to Go as well. Between the three...we should be able to put a small dent into the checking account. Furniture...like appliances....I love to get new....have to have new sometimes....but hate the bill!
Baer's is fun to just stumble around in. It's huge and there are some very nice pieces in there.

Pomaro Shop is worth looking at. We found some awesome stuff there, really. I was surprised, given the fact that some of the other stuff was far less nice.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:04 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipMunch View Post
We just moved to Sarasota and bought a living room and dining room set from Rooms to Go and let me tell you, this was the most difficult purchase I have ever made. I got fair prices (after negotiating with a stubborn salesperson who didn't want to budge on the price of a floor model), but it was a disaster getting the furniture. My living room set was delivered by a kid with a pickup and an open flat bed trailer and he didn't even have help moving the furniture into my apartment (I had to help). It was also very sketchy with the way I was suppose to pay the kid bringing the living room set.

Secondly, the dining room set came the next day, but only 3 of the 4 boxes were delivered. I went to the store to pick up the missing box and when I got home, the holes on my dining room table were not drilled large enough for the dowel pins and some of the holes were not drilled all the way through (some looked to be drilled while the paint was still wet) AND the base of the table was not painted all the way.

It took several calls with managers, corporate, and the sales rep at Rooms to Go get my refund on the dining room set. I like my living room furniture, but the headaches and waste of time has turned me off from this company for good. I personally would not recommend this company to anyone, but I understand the allure, as they are affordable. I will never step foot in this store again.

I found a very nice dining room set at Sears in Sarasota Square. They didn't have much furniture, but the dining room set was perfect for me. It was an easy transaction and the assembly was easy on the product.

We traveled to Kane's, Baer's, Pomaro's, Rooms to Go, and others, but were shopping on a budget, so this is how we ended up purchasing.
Interesting, I've purchased from them on multiple occasions & have had the exact opposite experience. Plus, I've never had my furniture arrive in anything other than a "Rooms to Go" truck with a crew of guys all dressed in RTG attire. I'm assuming your issues could have occured by buying a floor sample & not something that comes new out their warehouse. I've never had to pay anything to the delivery people because you pay at the store when you order the furniture prior to delivery. Sorry you had a bad experience but I don't think that is the norm.

I went to Baers too & they had some nice stuff. Their store was a bit "chaotic" to me in the way the furniture is laid out. They seemed a little cheaper than Bacon's but definitely more the RTG.

Since the OP asked for inexpensive, Baer's & Bacons didn't really pop in my head as far as suggestions. Then again, everyone has different thoughts about what inexpensive means..

Old 08-18-2012, 08:14 PM

285 posts, read 638,823 times
Bacon's is out of this world expensive. I think the cheapest bar stool they had was like $400. Baer's also has high end stuff, but unlike Bacon's they also have reasonably priced furniture if you have a few hours to search through both levels in their showroom. I agree with the previous poster regarding the layout of the store, if you want to look at dining room sets you have to search the whole store cause they seem to have everything organized by brand name rather than type of furniture.

To the original poster ... if you do like something at Baer's remember to negotiate with the salesperson. Since I bought a bunch of stuff, I got approximately $100 off the loveseat, $100 off the sofa, and $100 off the kitchen table/chairs, and that was off their already discounted sales price..

Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 PM

440 posts, read 1,052,427 times
There's an American Signature next to a Pamaro's on University next to Home Depot. American Signature is very reasonable. We bought a floor sample TV console and they bent over backwards to deliver it the next day in time for our TV delivery. The delivery guys were very helpful and even moved a heavy piece of furniture into another room for us. It's probably on a similar level to Rooms to Go. Pamaro has more substantial furniture with a Florida style but it's worth checking out. I think it was family owned. There's also a Macy's clearance center in Bradenton right off I-75.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:38 PM

Well...very much appreciated all the comments. So sorry ZipMunch had a not so good experience at RTG...not sure what to make of that?? I have no experience with them however, I would give them a shot at least once.

gkacook....thanks for the offer..I'll keep it in mind as I shop. You can also sell your things at a consignment shop. Your things are more than I wanted to spend however. I might be cheap...but to me that was the allure of Rooms to Go. A whole living room for $1400!

So..Bacons is out! Not paying $400 for a bar stool. Baers had no prices on the website so I didn't know what to expect.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetchy2 View Post
Bacon's is out of this world expensive. I think the cheapest bar stool they had was like $400. Baer's also has high end stuff, but unlike Bacon's they also have reasonably priced furniture if you have a few hours to search through both levels in their showroom. I agree with the previous poster regarding the layout of the store, if you want to look at dining room sets you have to search the whole store cause they seem to have everything organized by brand name rather than type of furniture.

To the original poster ... if you do like something at Baer's remember to negotiate with the salesperson. Since I bought a bunch of stuff, I got approximately $100 off the loveseat, $100 off the sofa, and $100 off the kitchen table/chairs, and that was off their already discounted sales price..
I never think to haggle on furniture, but I will try it. I always feel like they're gonna kick me out or something...like the soup nazi.."No soup for you!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area