Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 PM

4,562 posts, read 7,426,428 times

Advertisements

I didn't mention The Inlets previously as most of the homes there would probably be outside of your original price point.

The Inlets is a beautiful community off of SR64 with Key West style homes in the previously built section and also brand new construction going on. There are 4 neighborhoods - The Reserve, Harbour Walk & Bela Sole are new construction (The Reserve has more expensive estate homes up to $1 million), plus there's the original ungated section nearest SR64. The Isles has a community park with kayak/canoe launch, tennis courts and nature trails. Bella Sole is a maintenance free neighborhood, so HOA fees factor in lawn care.

I know the area well, I live a few miles south of there off of SR70. Been there 7+ years now. The downside of this location would be that you are farther from the beaches. The upside is you are close to I75 and a lot of newer shopping centers, restaurants, Lakewood Ranch and it's miles of nature trails, plus 2 outlet shopping centers and the soon to be built new upscale Sarasota mall at University Parkway. I75 makes for a quicker trip if going to south parts of Sarasota.

Since you've mentioned a higher price point, that opens up other options.

In Sarasota:

Buccaneer Bay off of US41 south of Stickney. This is a popular neighborhood and does have a HOA.

Maybe Osyter Bay Estates in Sarasota, but most recent sales have been in the low $600's and upwards.

Aqualene Estates, west of US41 just north of Stickney. NO HOA. Some salt water canal front properties.

Southbay in the Osprey area. Approximately 350 homes built in the 1970's & 1980's, on the intercoastal waterway, has their own marina with 172 boat slips for residents that can handle up to a 55 ft long boat. Homes start in the upper $300's off of the water and go up to $1 million plus on the water.

In Bradenton:

At your new price point - Rive Isle off of US301/ Ellenton area. From the low $500's, gated, new construction, golf & boating, estate sized homesites. www.riveisle.com

Another new boating community is Tidewater Preserve on the Manatee River. Boating lots start in the $300,000 range. It's being built by WCI Communities. The community has a riverfront park with nature trails & tennis courts.

In the Parrish area, also on the Manatee River, is River Wilderness. This is a country club/boating community that's gated and has golf & tennis. Some lots are canal front. The club is private, member owned.

So there are options if you want newer construction, waterfront communities.

We are very fortunate in SW FL to have a number of boating communities as well as gorgeous beaches from Anna Maria island to the north, all the way down past Venice to the south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 09:09 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,017,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyway View Post
Thanks Big man! Appreciate the invite, and if time permits I'm in. Something tells me that story would be better heard with a couple beers than read, so I'll remind ya to tell me when I get that chance. I actually used to do a ton of fishing up here at the Jersey shore when I was younger. Crabbin too. Then life got in the way, and it's few and far between. However when I do get the chance I can still bag em! looking forward to making it the rule not the exception again. My wife loves it too, so that makes it even more fun with the competition factor.

I'll be sure to reach out to you when we are southbound, and see what we can work out.

Thanks again!
Sounds good! Almost every time I go out I have a new experience that I love to talk about! There are a lot of great guides down here 'Fishing Franks' has a number that work out of there that can really educate you as to what to do, and how to do it. Fishing here is different than in the mid Atlantic Area, but just as exciting! Many more species, and it is seasonal here too (meaning you change fish targets when the seasons change). You need to learn all this to be effective here.

Again, feel free to DM me if you want advice on anything or a good agent. I am not an agent, but I do invest and know some good ones down here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area