Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 05:51 AM

51 posts, read 98,583 times

Advertisements

In buying a home, does it really make a big difference whether the pool has a southern, northern, etc exposure? and if so, which is preferred? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
The direction will determine the amount of sun exposure you get daily. The more sun you get, the more natural heating you'll have and the less mold and algae you'll have so that means a little less maintenance. Whatever the direction, I can tell you from experience that you don't want bushes too close to the pool cage and you definitely don't want trees, especially pines, close to the pool if they tower above the cage. The dirt level goes way up and it is a pain to keep the cage clean.

A southerly exposure affords the greatest amount of sun. A northern exposure will be the least.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:00 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
It depends on what your personal preferences are and where the pool is located at the home. Some pools are connected to the back of the home off of the lanai and others are in the yard further away from the house. It depends if you want sun all day long on your pool or prefer to have some shade. It also depends on if the pool has a heater or not. If it doesn't have a heater then you would want southern exposure to get the maximum amount of sun to help heat up the pool. Otherwise the pool gets too cold to use in the winter. All in all it is a personal preference. I like to have sun on my lanai in the morning and shade in the evening while I am sitting on my lanai at dinner time. My pool just happens to be in my yard away from the house and it gets full sun all day. We go to the lanai for shade when it gets too hot.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:34 PM

241 posts, read 480,021 times
My house faces northwest and my pool is out back so that is southeast. We can tell the time of day by wher the sun is on the pool as the shade from the house starts to cover it. We get full sun from morning till about 3 then it starts to go to shade on the poolside closest to the house. By 6 pm no more sun on the pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area