Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:59 AM

16 posts, read 66,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smr07 View Post
Hi, your quote was very helpful. I am looking for a home in panther Ridge preserves. Do you know where I could get information on deed restrictions and a handbook on regulations of the area. I have 4 children and would like to know if its a kid friendly neighborhood? I also heard they will be putting power line or grid through the area, Is this true? If you could contact me back I would be truly grateful Any information would be appreciated. Thank You in advance. SMR07
QUOTE=rohlendorf;1755413]Lakewood Ranch and Greyhawk are both very nice communities. It depends on what you want. The homes are all newer, and the lots are fairly small. The houses kinda sit on top of each other, but it is a nicely kept community. They have a pretty hefty HOA though. The have so much to keep up.

About 4 -5 miles east you will find the Concession, which is a community of multimillion dollar home on a Jack Nicklaus golf course. The next community is Panther Ridge. Homes in Panther Ridge on the north side of SR 70 are on 5 to 10 acre lots. No street lights, no sidewalks, but horses are allowed. Most of these homes are in the 1 million dollar range. South of SR 70 is Panther Ridge Preserve. This is where I live. We have street lights and sidewalks. We have a HOA and annual dues are about $900. Most of the homes are in the 600K to 900K range. It's a great community, only about 250 homes. My house backs up to a preserve. I don't have to look into the back of someone else's house. We also have deer, that we feed, raccoon's, lots of birds, and an occasional fox or two. We have tennis courts, jogging and walking paths. And the kids in this community go to the same schools as the Lakewood Ranch kids. The schools are Willis Elementry, Nolan Middle School and Lakewood Ranch High School.

If I can be of more assistance you can email me
[/quote]

We are also relocating to Florida and have the same questions about Panther Ridge that SMR07 has. Any info on schools, kid friendly, etc. would be helpful.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 PM

4 posts, read 34,398 times
Can anyone tell me how the schools are around an area called "sara palms"?? we have rented a house there and will be moving as of march 1st and the school is southeast high, any help and thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-13-2008, 11:22 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
Well. it's over now thank goodness but it wasn't easy. I didn't see my daughter for 3 months. I went through depression and everything.. I left when she was 6 months old.. and my husband flew down himself only once a month. Luckily we only had to do it for 3 months (only! Yeah right) He didn't bring our daughter because my family was willing to stay with her. We thought it would be really hard on her, especially since he only stayed for 2 days.--- Let me know how the move goes!

Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,880 times
Check out Anna Maria Island. Only 7 miles long and in places only a football field wide. Has a great elementary school, great community center, and a laid back, fun place to live. Beach to the west and bay to the east, and always a breezy, cooler atmosphere than the east county area. Not the cheapest real estate wise but right now some fab bargains exist. Good luck.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:00 PM

3 posts, read 8,807 times
The island is great. IF you can afford the insurance. That's why there's so much for sale there. Insurance and taxes are huge on the island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area