Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,177 times

Advertisements

We have been looking for a bigger home around 2500 square feet in the palmer ranch area. We want a modern home, nothing old. We currently have been looking at the new models in the isles of palmer ranch more specifically the dunwoody trail. We love the house but where they are building them is really making this a tough decision. The new development is just about 500 ft from I75! Help! Any thoughts or anyone else been back there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM

14 posts, read 24,248 times
Hi SNS, I live in a home that also bounds the interstate, albeit north of your location. Bottom line, we had the same concerns, but you get used to it, and after a while forget it is there. Most developers build a huge berm or soundbarrier that helps, I would think they have one there no? Also it depends on the weather, some days we can't even hear it, other it becomes pretty noticeable. IF the area is attractive to you, I would not let the proximity of the highway deter you. We are very happy in our location.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM

4,615 posts, read 7,539,060 times
The Isles is a very popular community by Divosta. The Village Center offers excellent amenities as well as having an on site activities director. Their news publication, The Isles Inside Edition, is always full of schedules for classes (such as aerobics, painting, Tai Chi, tennis yoga, dancing) and club activities (such as art, basketball, Bocce, bridge, cooking golf, tennis, poker, investment group). The community also hosts a number of special events during the year for residents, some more adult oriented and others fmore amily oriented.

The downside is, as you mentioned, is that they have built out the areas closer to Honore Avenue and new construction is much closer to I75. I understand from previous discussions with the sales consultants that the builder will have berms and other features to help cut down the noise from the interstate as much as possible. Having visited other communities built just west of I75 in Manatee county, my personal opinion is that while barriers help cut down the traffic noise from I75, it is still there. It may not be noticable when the windows are closed, but if you're sitting outside or have windows open, you will hear the traffic. And I75, because it is a major north - south route, is busy 24/7. Our prevailing winds are usually out of the east or southeast, which adds to the noise factor of homes located just west of I75.

You will have to decide if the positives of having a brand new home in The Isles outweighs the negatives of the background noise from I75.

Last edited by Sunshine Rules; 10-11-2012 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area