Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 07:24 AM

68 posts, read 276,328 times

Advertisements

We're relocating for a position and are on the fast track to buying a house. There are some builders that have spec houses available which may suit our needs. 3 car garage - over 2700 sq ft.

Anyway we were looking in the Lakewood ranch area but can go any direction up to about a 20 minute commute from work (near the 301 & 63rd/70).

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations as to which builders in that area deliver the best bang for the buck - highest quality to value ratio - (not just big cracker box tract-style builders). We're not super familiar with the area and have to shop a lot online too rather than running all over the place trying to figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:57 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
I think there are many good builders out here but you might want to check out Cardel in Central Park. I think they give you a very good bang for the buck and I can tell you that my customer who just built and moved into one of theirs is pretty happy with the product.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
Once you find a builder you are intersted in, check the Florida license search to be sure they are still actively licensed and insured. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp There is also a link under their name on that site where you can check to see if they have had any complaints filed against them with the Department of Business and Professional Regulations.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 AM

4,615 posts, read 7,535,442 times
I 2nd the Cardel Homes suggestion, they've been around for 35 years and have a good reputation for quality work. Arthur Rutenberg and Homes by Towne are other builders in the Lakewood Ranch area that also have good reputations. Taylor Morrison has homes in several new developments in our area, they've won J. D. Powers awards for customer satisfaction. Medallion Homes has been in our area for about 20 years, they have Riva Trace and Country Meadows in south Manatee county. Bruce Williams is one of the largest, locally based builders in Manatee county.

A couple of higher end builders in our area are having financial issues. Paradise Homes filed for bankruptcy in October and Gibraltar, according to several articles I've seen over the past few months, is dealing with money problems as well. If you google the builder D R Horton you'll find a web site full of very interesting comments by previous customers of that builder. Last time I checked it there were over 90 posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area