Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:58 PM

8,035 posts, read 4,631,899 times

Advertisements

This looks like good news! Walmart is rolling out a new delivery service called "Walmart To Go". This service will feature same day delivery and the full line of grocery items.

It is currently only available in select markets as the program is still in beta. I entered my zip code but it's not available in my area yet. I registered on their web site to be notified when it becomes available:

http://delivery.walmart.com/usd-estore/index.jsp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM

http://www.netgrocer.com/

Old 01-25-2013, 07:23 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
I was poking around there thinking "hey, it would be worth it to overpay a little if it means not going to the supermarket."

Yeah, I was WAY wrong. Many of the items listed are well more than double what I would pay at Publix.

It's a nice idea though.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:02 PM

As described in the following TechCrunch article - Amazon is expanding a fresh grocery delivery service to new markets beyond the Seattle area. It's called "Amazon Fresh". It would be great if this launched in the Sarasota area. Keeping my fingers crossed:

Amazon Reportedly Looking To Expand Grocery Business, Roll Out AmazonFresh Beyond Seattle | TechCrunch <---(click for full article)

From the article:

"Amazon has had an ongoing experiment for the past half decade called AmazonFresh, which offers grocery service and delivery of fresh produce to customers in its home base of Seattle. That program is on the verge of a significant expansion, according to a new report from Reuters today.

Amazon is looking to offer AmazonFresh-type services in markets outside of Seattle later this year, including L.A. and San Francisco, with 20 other new markets on the roadmap for 2014, including some beyond U.S. shores."

Home | AmazonFresh <---(click for the Amazon Fresh web site)

Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,125 times
Default The TopGroceryDelivery.com Project

We're currently working on a project to gather all of the grocery delivery services in the country by state at TopGroceryDelivery.com.

We are still gathering the list, but below are all of the grocery delivery services we've found in Florida:
http://topgrocerydelivery.com/states/florida

Generally speaking, Florida is one of the states that has more options, especially for vacationers. More seem to keep popping up which is great - we're a big fan of grocery delivery and hope it continues. If anyone sees any companies missing here (I'm going to read through previous responses in this forum thread), feel free to PM me.

Last edited by topgrocerydelivery; 09-30-2013 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: URLs were coming through as broken for some reason

Old 09-30-2013, 06:12 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,346,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgrocerydelivery View Post
We're currently working on a project to gather all of the grocery delivery services in the country by state at TopGroceryDelivery.com.

We are still gathering the list, but below are all of the grocery delivery services we've found in Florida:
Florida Grocery Delivery Services & Stores

Generally speaking, Florida is one of the states that has more options, especially for vacationers. More seem to keep popping up which is great - we're a big fan of grocery delivery and hope it continues. If anyone sees any companies missing here (I'm going to read through previous responses in this forum thread), feel free to PM me.

I dont care who delivers groceries in Jacksonville or Daytona.

If you want to tell me who delivers groceries for me show me ones that will deliver to my zip code. Otherwise your just wasting your spam -- err time -- here. All your website appears to be, is an advertising based link CPM model where you profit if I click the grocers link for you, nothing else. If your going to spam here with ugly and useless websites at least learn how your prospective profit supporting public will use your website properly first. That is, sort by zip code and be more than a link spam engine.

Thanks for digging up an ancient thread and for your first post here!

Old 12-13-2013, 02:41 PM

Interesting......

Amazon said to be cooking up Pantry service to take on Costco | Internet & Media - CNET News

Summary: Internet retailer will offer delivery of about 2,000 products typically found at warehouse stores, according to USA Today.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:05 PM

This sounds very interesting. Google is reportedly expanding it's "Shopping Express" delivery service nationwide. I really hope that the service comes to Sarasota - I think it would be a big hit here. Apparently the Shopping Express service includes groceries:

Google Shopping Express Blocks Amazon - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area