Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM

657 posts, read 691,320 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I will likely relocate to Florida in 2013, office is in Brandon.

I went there this year and loved it. The humidity not so much, but the tradeoff is definetaly worth it. I've centered my search on Sarasota, 1 hour from the office. I have kids and education is top priority.

Looking at the map, it seems to the left of 75 is really crowded, and the right is much more rural.I want to live in Sarasota, but not in a crowded neighborhood. Hoping to stay to the right of 75. Wanted to see if there were places with the following characteristics:

- 200 - 300k
- Rated A or close to 10 in greatschools.org
- Somewhat rural area with big lots
- No hoa or CDD, or low priced hoa/cdd
- family friendly

Any help provided is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by SarasotaBound1; 12-05-2012 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: appreciation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,663,863 times
The MLS for our area has a pretty good public side. Go to Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS and play with the search function. Once you are ready, an agent can assist you further and set up an automatic search for you that will email you properties that match your criteria, all automatically.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM

4,561 posts, read 7,419,710 times
There are a number of neighborhoods that have popular school districts and 1 acre or larger lots, so may have the space you're looking for without being miles and miles out in the countryside. However, most of these do have some deed restrictions and HOAs, with fairly reasonable annual HOA fees.

Braden Woods (34202) is in south Manatee county, just east of I75 off of SR70 and has 1 acre more or less lots, HOA varies, runs between $200 & $250/year

Hidden Meadows (34208) is north off of SR70 and west of I75, most lots run close to 1.4 acres or more, no HOA.

In that same general area is Greensdale Estates, also 1 acre lots and no HOA.

Panther Ridge (34211) is in Manatee county, east of I75, and has minimum 1 acre lots, HOA & approximately $190/quarter HOA fees. Beautiful community.

Mill Creek (34211) is a popular neighborhood of somewhat older as well as newer construction homes on mostly 1 acre or larger lots. It's also in Manatee county, east of I75 and north of SR64. HOA runs just over $300/year.

There are a number of neighborhoods east of I75 in Sarasota, off of Fruitville and Bee Ridge roads but the school districts may not meet your stated requirements.

Perhaps Oakford (34240) in Sarasota if you don't mind driving further out east of Sarasota. 5 acre lots and there is an HOA.

This will give you some neighborhoods and zip codes to use for your MLS searches.

By the way, regarding schools -- the FL state ratings of teachers came out today in the news, you can find the info for both Sarasota and Manatee county school teaches AND links to individual schools and districts at the Sarasota Herald article:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20121205/ARTICLE/121209819/2416/NEWS?p=all&tc=pgall

Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM

657 posts, read 691,320 times
Thank you both.

I was hoping to move to Sarasota given the reputation for good schools. It looks like the tradeoff will be smaller lot and HOA.

Appreciate your comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area