Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM

47 posts, read 77,897 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place to rent for a week in mid-April - I prefer 2BR condo since my husband and I will be traveling with my 10 month old son. I'd like to have either a short walk to the beach or a pool in an area that's not too far of a drive from the main attractions (botanical gardens, aquarium, children's museum, beach). I also don't want to spend a fortune ($200 or less a night/$1400 for the week). I'm a little overwhelmed with all the options on VRBO - what complexes or neighborhoods would meet our needs? Help me narrow it down. Alternatively, if there's any other realtors or websites which you think would be helpful, let me know.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 PM

What are your thoughts on the following neighborhoods for us? Southgate, Gulf Gate, Village des Pins, Plamer Ranch, Heritage Oaks
Thanks!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,771,019 times
You might want to check out Holmes Beach, Bradenton Beach or Anna Marie Island. All are basically on the beach, and there are many rentals available. There are several real estate/rental agents in that area. Just google and go from there.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 PM

529 posts, read 1,007,835 times
If the beach is your choice then Siesta is perfect, IMO. Stay in the village and you will never need your car.

Siesta 4-Rent - Rental Properties

Quite a few properties in your price range on this site and the options are adequate, not too many like VRBO can be at times unless your search is very specific.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:55 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,090,109 times
When are your April dates? The first week you may have a hard time finding something in your price range because that is Easter Week.

I'd look at the small inns by the Village on Siesta Key. They all have one and two bedroom accommodations and fit your other criteria. Those neighborhoods you listed aren't within walking distance to anything.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 AM

We're looking at the week of 4/13 - 4/20. We could do a Sat-Sat trip or Sun-Sun depending on how the rental goes.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelNatty View Post
We're looking at the week of 4/13 - 4/20. We could do a Sat-Sat trip or Sun-Sun depending on how the rental goes.
Good dates.

I second Siesta 4 Rent as their offices are right on the island. Call them and tell them what you want and I'm sure they will accommodate you. By that time the majority of spring break families have gone back up north and availability and prices will loosen up. Good luck and let us know!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM

17,531 posts, read 39,089,856 times
Don't count out looking at Lido Beach - that is much closer to all the attractions you named than either Siesta or Anna Maria, plus you can walk to St. Armand's Circle.

They are all nice beach areas though, so you can't go wrong.

Good luck!

Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Don't count out looking at Lido Beach - that is much closer to all the attractions you named than either Siesta or Anna Maria, plus you can walk to St. Armand's Circle.

They are all nice beach areas though, so you can't go wrong.

Good luck!
I always forget about Lido and how much I love St. Armands. Thanks for bringing that up gypsy!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,342,458 times
I would also suggest Lido. I have come to prefer the vibe over Siesta.

I would also suggest not bringing a 10 month old to the Children's Museum or the aquarium. I have a 20 month old and a 7 month old at home, and have been through a lot of this lately (as you might imagine). The Jungle Gardens are a nice stroll, Selby Gardens is great, The Ringling Museum, the beach of course...but the aquarium and the Children's Museum are maybe not ideal for so young a child.

I only say this because the last thing you want to do on a vacation is waste half a day on something that your child isn't quite ready for, and walking away saying "yeah, I thought it was a little too soon to bring him there," or whatever.

Just my two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area