Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM

913 posts, read 2,361,243 times

Advertisements

I am still a little peeved about our experience at Cafe Epicure the other night and wanted to see if any others have had similar experiences. We had never been there, but decided to try it a couple of nights ago. They were somewhat busy, but there was no wait. We sat outside and it took the waiter 8-10 minutes to get our drink orders. No big deal, he seemed very nice. I tried to order the pepperoni pizza and was told they were out of pepperoni. Really? An Italian place out of pepperoni? Oh well, sausage pizza it is. After about 15 minutes another waiter, not ours, brought out the pasta dinners for the other two people in our group. I thought he was going to bring my pizza out, but didn't. After about 15 minutes I was able to track down our waiter (he had not been back to our table) and ask him. He went somewhere and then I saw him talking with the manager. He came back to the table and said there was a mix up and the manager would take care of us. My pizza finally arrive over 30 minutes after the other two dinners arrived. I must say, it was pretty good pizza. After waiting another 15 minutes for refills. our waiter brought the check. No "taking care of" there, as the pizza was on the bill. The waiter brought out dessert on the house, which we did not want. I talked with the manager and he gave me 20% off the next visit. Is this common here? We are part timers in Sarasota. If this were in Ohio, they would have comped the pizza and maybe the entire meal. It's sad, because the food was pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM

279 posts, read 577,551 times
i've never been to cafe epicure but i had an issue somewhere and i remember they took it off the menu and also sent desserts on the house. sounds like they had some kind of internal chaos going on there. i'd give the place a try again if the food was good.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,043,336 times
Cafe Epicure is usually a good place to go if you want something quick & good at a reasonable price. However, at times they seem to get overwhelmed, and the service falters. This weekend, for example, with THunder On The Bay right on their doorstep, I'd expect some glitches.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Cafe Epicure is usually a good place to go if you want something quick
Then it is very poorly named.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
As the wife of a restauranteur, since you are still upset about this, I would go back into the restaurant and speak to a manager.

Let them know that you weren't looking for a freebie but would like someone to acknowledge your miserable experience instead of brushing you off with a 20% off coupon.

I'm sorry you had this experience. Usually I'm over tolerant of restaurant glitches but my husband and I had an extremely rude experience at the Outback on Tamiami south of Stickney and I'm still steaming about it.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM

913 posts, read 2,361,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
As the wife of a restauranteur, since you are still upset about this, I would go back into the restaurant and speak to a manager.

Let them know that you weren't looking for a freebie but would like someone to acknowledge your miserable experience instead of brushing you off with a 20% off coupon.

I'm sorry you had this experience. Usually I'm over tolerant of restaurant glitches but my husband and I had an extremely rude experience at the Outback on Tamiami south of Stickney and I'm still steaming about it.
That is what I should. But what I will probably do is just not return. That's OK, there are many, many other places with much better service.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,016 times
20% off your "next visit" means they don't expect to see you again anyway.

We went to Mattison's on Main today during the bikefest. They were packed. We had a pizza and drinks and the service was great (the pizza was even better!). I was really impressed.

What a great day today in SRQ!!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 PM

153 posts, read 191,952 times
My wife and I are big Mattison's on Main lunch fans. The lunch menu has reasonably priced sandwiches (around $10), they serve brunch on Saturday and Sunday as well, and service has always been good. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself.

What a scene downtown, I couldn't believe how many people were at bikefest. Of course we drove right in to downtown with no traffic, I found a free parking space two blocks from the bikefest/farmers market, parked and said "This is why I love downtown Sarasota".

Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,043,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandsharkJB View Post
My wife and I are big Mattison's on Main lunch fans. The lunch menu has reasonably priced sandwiches (around $10), they serve brunch on Saturday and Sunday as well, and service has always been good. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself.

What a scene downtown, I couldn't believe how many people were at bikefest. Of course we drove right in to downtown with no traffic, I found a free parking space two blocks from the bikefest/farmers market, parked and said "This is why I love downtown Sarasota".
Can't beat Downtown Sarasota!

And just think, tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to sit in my living room watching football and listening to the Marshall Tucker Band playing right at my doorstep!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Cafe Epicure has never impressed me, ever...Went once for dinner & once just for a gelato, they were rude both times...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area