Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 AM

3 posts, read 35,257 times

Advertisements

I am making plans to relocate to the sarasota area and im having a hard time finding a extended stay without bad reviews for a reasonable price. My income is close to 3,500 monthly with some money saved. I would only need the extended stay for a month maybe a little more. I don't want to spend more than 1200 for a month at a extended stay and I also don't want to be in a questionable area being that i do not drive. If anybody knows of a extended stay that may not be so main stream or if anybody knows of a extended stay reasonably priced or even a safe hotel in a good part of town with weekly rates would be fine. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 06:34 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,936 times
There are several RV/Mobile Home Parks in Bradenton that have park model homes that are for month to month rental. You can
google, Encore Parks, Sun Community Parks to get started. I have no idea what the cost would be, however, off season would be much cheaper.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VET_313 View Post
I am making plans to relocate to the sarasota area and im having a hard time finding a extended stay without bad reviews for a reasonable price. My income is close to 3,500 monthly with some money saved. I would only need the extended stay for a month maybe a little more. I don't want to spend more than 1200 for a month at a extended stay and I also don't want to be in a questionable area being that i do not drive. If anybody knows of a extended stay that may not be so main stream or if anybody knows of a extended stay reasonably priced or even a safe hotel in a good part of town with weekly rates would be fine. Thanks
It's the wrong time of year to extended stay cheaply.

Call one of the extended stays on University and see what kind of deal they can offer. I'm thinking no better than $100 per night however some include breakfast and dinner.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,144,809 times
Why don't you check craigslist for a room in a house in the downtown area?

Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 AM

Thank you for your posts to all that posted above. I would rather not live in somebody's house or basement. I have chronic PTSD and i am up and about frequently at night also i have a daughter in port charlotte that will come to stay with me maybe a day or two out of the week and I don't think that will work out to well. I will check into the month to month mobile homes, but living with strangers is not a option for me. There has to be some place there with rates under 100 a night. I do understand the rates may slightly be elevated do to the winter season and the snow birds coming south for the winter. Looks like i may have to settle for 1 of the places with not so good reviews. Either these places are super expensive or they are borderline homeless shelters. There has to be some middle ground. I guess the search continues.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It's the wrong time of year to extended stay cheaply.

Call one of the extended stays on University and see what kind of deal they can offer. I'm thinking no better than $100 per night however some include breakfast and dinner.
blueherons is correct; this is the wrong time of year to be looking for a cheap stay. I am sorry to tell you that any "extended stay" place in Sarasota is going to be a true pit, with unsavory people managing/living in said places. One place that I used to recommend is Sarasota Suites; this place is on north US 41 north of the airport and very near my house. From the outside it doesn't look too bad, and I even talked to the manager (when they took over the place a couple years ago) and I thought it had been cleaned up (was going to book a stay for relatives there) Well the reviews online look pretty bad, while a few reviews seem mediocre, so I don't know how bad the place is. There is a small Ramada across the street from there, and you might check their rates. Again, this is the worst time of year for a cheap rate.

Good luck to you!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM

Thank you I will check into both of the places you listed above.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
When are you planning to arrive? If you wait until April rates will start dropping. By May and June they should drop even more.

Snowbird season is in full swing for Jan Feb and Mar and the rates can be double in some places (not just a bit higher.).

Try priceline. You can try to bid at better hotels for the week or month. You can get excellent deals any time of the year on priceline. Maybe there was a snowbird cancellation and you grab a deal at priceline. You never know unless you try.

Priceline has 2 options 1) discount rates at the exact named hotel you choose and 2) lower rates that you bid and you name the price. (I got a hotel for approx $50/nt that had advertised web rate of $119/nt). With option 2 you choose a start rating for hotel and general location and dont know the exact hotel until your bid is accepted.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,416,645 times
Priceline is a bit of a gamble, but it may work out to your advantage, especially if you target further inland away from the beach.

Once you get a bid accepted on Priceline, you will need to pay the entire balance up front, so factor in that consideration as well.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,144,809 times
Just took a look through Craigslist re: rentals....wow! High rent due to season. We just rented what we had left in my house yesterday and now I know why; living space is not cheap during season here in Sarasota
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area