U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 PM

35,523 posts, read 55,096,769 times

Advertisements

There are lot of companies that install pool safety fence--
any suggestions for what makes one product better than another?
Does solid pole vs hollow make that big a difference? And does the power coating really last that long?
I would hate to see rust on a fence after short time...

Anyone have fence with self-closing gate?
Saw one company advertising a "more visible" mesh--meaning you can see through it better--
is that big enough upside to warrant the difference in cost?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 AM

3,979 posts, read 9,894,869 times
We used Baby Barrier Pool Fence Company on our first pool. They have a few locations throughout Sarasota. We used the standard black mesh pool barrier fence with the aluminum poles. We rarely used it, so it held up excellent. Do you plan to keep it up all the time? We only used it when the grandkids came to visit and would take it down after they left. We now have a pool without a cage and don't have a pool barrier fence. We have alarms on all the windows and doors leading out to the pool area. A pool barrier fence company can give you the options and pros and cons of each type of protection device.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:39 AM

Our grandson is next door but is just 8 mo old
don't know that we really need a safety fence right now--- but we are having work done on patio and just seems like eventual part of process...

Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,177,867 times
We used Pool Guard. Contact Brian Fraley at 941-539-9095 or Pool Safety fence Sarasota, Pool fence Manatee, Pool fencing and Pool Safety Fence gates - Sarasota_Pool_Fence- Bradenton_Pool_Safety_Fencing-Pool_Fence_Gate and Pool_Net.

We have the white poles with the black mesh, and there is a gate (if you use your pool, you will NEED the gate!). We keep it up all the time (we have a 1 and a 2 yr old).

I just said to my wife yesterday what an excellent product it is, and that we absolutely could never have done with out it. It was under $600 and worth every dime.

PM me with any particular questions.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:42 AM

241 posts, read 451,077 times
I don't have suggestions for where to get it as mine came with the house. We have used it twice so far, once when the grandkids were here and once when we went out of town. It was great with the grandkids, they were 1,2,3 years old. We made the older 2 know that even if the gate was open they had to ask to go past it. Also it gave the kids some running room to go between the house and pool and we felt okay knowing they couldn't go anywhere (pool or outside the cage as the screen doors were locked). Gate was always shut when we weren't using the pool and it gave peace of mind at night in case we had anyone wake up and wander(we didn't but ya never know). Also used it when we went out of town...I felt better knowing that a kid couldn't just wander into the pool...even though we live near no one! In my case if I was buying it I would prefer the see through as opposed to the black that I have, as I live on a canal and it would be nice to see the view clearer. You can still see through the black mesh for the most part, but if the see through is a lot clearer and you will have it up all the time, then I think it would be worth getting the see through.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:39 PM

@Rushmore--I have had conversation with Brian Fraley about pool fence and he came out to do estimate...
he seemed very nice over the phone...
had another quote from someone who did pool fence for friends in Sorrento East...
they were saying we didn't really need the self-locking gate which about doubles the cost of the fence...
they just have the section that opens out and poles can be placed in other holes along the fence...

To me, having the gate seems easier especially if I am holding/dealing my grandson by myself...
but the cost is pretty heavy

We had those pavers laid on the lanai--
Any you have safety fence installed over pavers...
think I would want to make sure our holes were drilled a little deeper into original concrete underneath...
and am concerned about having pavers cracked by drilling...
and from what I was told by two different pool fence people their materials come pretty much "stock" dimensions, making it difficult to customize...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area