Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 PM

440 posts, read 1,050,200 times

Advertisements

I think you need to take into account that you may get a good price on a home in Northport now but if the area is expanding rapidly and is in need of serious infra structure investment, it will eventually fall back on you as the city has to fund sewer systems and build or repair roads. Also, the traffic from Northport coming north to Sarasota is worse during snowbird season than coming south from the University Parkway area. The northern area has many north-south roads which can be used if traffic builds up on 41 (which sucks). Full disclosure from me, I live up off the University Parkway area and find it very easy to get around and get to both Lido and Siesta beaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 PM

137 posts, read 330,198 times
I wasn't a Realtor at the time I bought in NP. My Realtor at the time was actually the now President of the Sarasota Association of Realtors (SAR) and he was more or less doing it is a favor to me and my friend who has known him since they were kids. I wanted to be in Venice, near the beach. Every home we looked at in my price range was a beat to hell, small, early 1970's fixer upper. So he said to me, would you like to look in NP. My initial reaction - based on reputation - was No. He said, for the same price as these places we are looking at in Venice you could have a 2005 or newer home that doesn't have 40 year old outdated electric, plumbing, roof style, and old school room sizes and galley kitchens. I came down here and looked and bought and I'm glad I did. As for the earlier comment about Benderson, Benderson just finished up the Cocoplum mall on 41 in NP which was the largest commercial development in Sarasota County for 2012. We have a bunch of brand new stores with more being built and on the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area