Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 03:18 PM

213 posts, read 575,938 times

Advertisements

FWIW everyone - I'm not saying I can, or want to make the rates less - it is what it is - this is just what I found as far as quotes. Just sharing for reference of others looking potentially. YMMV. (We happen to WANT $1000 deductible and 2% hurricane coverage.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 09:14 PM

180 posts, read 262,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
People don't like to face uncomfortable truths--
Republicans are doing the same thing with public education in FL and other states like TX in that many decisions made about state education is done with the desire/intention to force people into private schooling...
various reasons include more exposure to religious precepts, restricted world view, and enriching Republican supporters
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post

The thread is about insurance rates, not politics.
And yet the two are linked together on this subject. So no breach of etiquette here!!

Old 08-06-2013, 05:40 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
We have the same problem in Texas where our state insurance board is appointed by the governor who for the past years has been Rick Perry (Republican with big R)...definitely in the pocket of big business...
the board allows the insurance companies to raise rates without any real oversight or concern for the pockets of the Texas residents or the TRUE profit/loss the company might be having...
Rates can go up after bad years but they never go down after good one...
PS in TX we have been State Farm customers for more than 40 years and our agents have done well by us--but our agents don't set company policies...

Old 08-13-2013, 03:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,088 times
I just found out that my insurance company American Family insurance has been charging me double the value of my manufactured home for 8 years. I only found out because they dropped me saying my home was to old to cover now. They have had a replacement policy for over $80,000 for 8 years and when shopping for new insurance I found out from a adjuster that I did not need that amount and if my home where ever to have burned to the grown they would of only replaced it for it's present value with a used home. Is there anything I can do about this. I have been contacting them, and leaving messages and e-mails and they just ignore them. Kimee11
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area