Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM

33 posts, read 74,808 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to Bradenton and Tidewater Preserve is one of the communities that I am considering. I am curious as to opinions on the quality of the homes and the lifestyle. Looking forward to reading comments. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 PM

4,781 posts, read 10,531,798 times
We had to visit TP to do the WCI designer/option selection process for the new house we are having built in Venetian Golf & River Club, a bit south in Nokomis.

Both communities have nearly identical models; the diff is VG&RC is a golf community, whereas TP is a non-golf, maybe a boating community. Identical floor plans with some slight diff in gingerbread elevation motifs, and different siding effects...

We wandered around 'our model', the Boretto, in TP, as there were a few under various stages of construction, the workers didn't care if we wandered through, and we had time to kill before the drudgery of the 'option' center visit.

'Quality' seemed ok, not great, but then I haven't seen 'great quality' in any new SW FL home building 'development' in the past several years. WCI is like most, imo: they do a few model choices, some pricy upgrades, and basically punch the houses out. Not unusual or abnormal, imo. Not 'bad', just the way the big name builders seem to do it...

After only a couple hours at TP my prime reservation would be the very close proximity to I-75, and the unappealing 'entry' driving in under the I-75 overpass.

We are moving to VG&RC from a SFH in Naples, which is also in a golf community. My admonition about the proximity to I-75 is that we have spent the past 8 winter seasons at our Naples joint, 'close' to I-75, and the road noise never goes away. It dissipates occasionally, and is tolerable occasionally, but on west/north west wind direction days and nights, (frequent in winter season), the road noise is considerable to our ears, and almost 'wearing' on some days. YMMV...

My 50Cts based on a couple hours there, 'knowing' the different models which are near identical to those in our intended club, and taking into consideration that looming I-75 'overhead', and just west of TP. Some may find the proximity to I-75 to not be a concern. I can't comment on what the community or 'lifestyle' there, will be like.
GL, mD

Last edited by motordavid; 07-02-2013 at 08:47 PM..

Old 07-05-2013, 12:26 PM

83 posts, read 263,392 times
Re: The traffic noise at Tidewater Preserve. I won't say you cant hear the noise from I-75, but like anything else, in time it becomes background noise and disappears. Personally, I think everything else outweighs a bit of background noise that one gets quickly accoustomed to. During the construction of our home, I was concerned about the quality and made several visits to check on the progress. Understandably, the builders need to complete a home as quickly as possible for a return, however, I was impressed with the care and attention to detail during the framing process right up to and including the fit and finish. I have also been particularly pleased with the response of the warranty process. There were a couple of very minor issues that needed tweaking and using the ticketing process, the response was almost immediate. As for the lifestyle and community, I cant say enough good things about what has happened there since we signed the original purchase. The Lodge and pool has been completed and there is always some social gathering going on (any excuse to get the residents together, lol). My neighbors have all been fantastic and helpful and with the amount of new construction going on, we'll soon have many more new friends. I think what we really like is that we're meeting people from many different backgrounds and places who have chosen the community and have set about to make it a wonderful place to live. BTW we did look at the Venetian Guld and River Club too and while it was a very nice place, we're not golfers so it didn't make sense to us. Obviously, I'm happy with the choice I made and I suppose you'll just have to make up your own mind. Best of Luck

Old 07-06-2013, 07:27 PM

Frogman - thank you very much for your comments. It is nice to hear about TWP from an actual resident! It appears to be a small enough of a community that one would have wonderful opportunities to form great friendships. May I ask what area of TWP you are in, as in how close to I-75 are you in relation to where the Lodge and Port & Court Club are? Any idea how many lots/homes have sold since this past January? Have they opened up any new phases yet? When I last visited for example, they still had the San Remo model available, but I now hear that the model home may now have been sold. Have they started building on any of the lots on Lake Overlook Drive? I appreciate any feedback that you may have!

Old 07-19-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frogman View Post
Re: The traffic noise at Tidewater Preserve. I won't say you cant hear the noise from I-75, but like anything else, in time it becomes background noise and disappears. Personally, I think everything else outweighs a bit of background noise that one gets quickly accoustomed to. During the construction of our home, I was concerned about the quality and made several visits to check on the progress. Understandably, the builders need to complete a home as quickly as possible for a return, however, I was impressed with the care and attention to detail during the framing process right up to and including the fit and finish. I have also been particularly pleased with the response of the warranty process. There were a couple of very minor issues that needed tweaking and using the ticketing process, the response was almost immediate. As for the lifestyle and community, I cant say enough good things about what has happened there since we signed the original purchase. The Lodge and pool has been completed and there is always some social gathering going on (any excuse to get the residents together, lol). My neighbors have all been fantastic and helpful and with the amount of new construction going on, we'll soon have many more new friends. I think what we really like is that we're meeting people from many different backgrounds and places who have chosen the community and have set about to make it a wonderful place to live. BTW we did look at the Venetian Guld and River Club too and while it was a very nice place, we're not golfers so it didn't make sense to us. Obviously, I'm happy with the choice I made and I suppose you'll just have to make up your own mind. Best of Luck
Frogman - would you be willing to share homeowner insurance costs?
Thanks!

P.S. anyone else who lives in TWP is most welcome to reply as well!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:59 PM

Looking for people who are willing to share the cost of their flood insurance premiums in Tidewater Preserve??? Just looking to get an estimate based on a general total square footage of 2000 sq. Thanks!!

Old 02-05-2015, 06:48 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,408,271 times
I know this is an old thread but hope people get to my post since there weren't many. We just visited Tidewater Preserve and I was going to post and ask about when I found this.

To the question above, we were told the flood insurance was about $750/year. I have NO idea if that is good or bad as we have never dealt with it, but I do know we've been told to watch out for the cost of flood insurance. That is on the SFH only as it's built into the fees in the condos.

Now, to ask my questions, what do people think of it? The closeness to I-75 is one concern but for being a snowbird I did like the condo homes. How close or how long does it take to get to beaches and what beach do you go to from there? I know it's not age restricted but are there many snowbird type of residents? How active is the community? Any other thoughts on the community is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-05-2015, 07:56 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,668,953 times
If he doesn't see this and reply, you might send Frogman a DM. He's been a good source of info for the community.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:21 PM

118 posts, read 181,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choff5 View Post
I know this is an old thread but hope people get to my post since there weren't many. We just visited Tidewater Preserve and I was going to post and ask about when I found this.

To the question above, we were told the flood insurance was about $750/year. I have NO idea if that is good or bad as we have never dealt with it, but I do know we've been told to watch out for the cost of flood insurance. That is on the SFH only as it's built into the fees in the condos.

Now, to ask my questions, what do people think of it? The closeness to I-75 is one concern but for being a snowbird I did like the condo homes. How close or how long does it take to get to beaches and what beach do you go to from there? I know it's not age restricted but are there many snowbird type of residents? How active is the community? Any other thoughts on the community is appreciated. Thanks!
We do not live in Tidewater Preserve yet, but we are having a house built there that will be finished in the March/April timeframe.

The drive to Holmes Beach is a straight shot on 64 West and takes about 30 minutes. It's about 15 minutes to downtown Bradenton and the Riverwalk.

I think we were told that homeowners and flood insurance together averaged about $2000 per year for the home style that we purchased. (I'm a little fuzzy on that number; I just remember thinking, "OK, that's not so bad." Obviously it did not deter us from buying.)

The community seems very active; we'll find out more when we move down. Looks like they can throw a good community party! I see a variety of ages in photos on their homeowners site and on their facebook page. I think the condos with a view of the Manatee River will be awesome. Yes, I-75 cuts through the subdivision but I have not noticed any overwhelming noise any time we have visited. Some noise yes, depending on where you are. But something I could get used to. I love how they have landscaped around all that. I think this community has been overlooked because people see I-75 on the map and automatically cross it off the list. But I really fell in love with it when we first visited and I am excited to move there. The drive into the main part of the subdivision with the river view as the backdrop is gorgeous, IMO.

That's my 2 cents! Maybe I'll have a few more cents worth to contribute in a few months when we move in.

Ruth

Old 02-05-2015, 08:40 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,408,271 times
Thanks! Yes, I saw where Frogman had posted on other threads on the community so hope he sees this. We are still in the exploration stage of Florida overall, seeing what areas we like and what's available, costs, etc. this is the first time I've spent extended time on the Gulf side and so far really, really like it. This place has peaked our interest more than any place else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area