Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:00 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,090,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
Yes well not talking to a stranger on the internet seems a tad pointless.

I've just added a granite "shelf" over my washer / dryer with an over hang over the dreaded lower sink shelf. Doesn't look too bad because of the funky granite but it's still a bit of a yawn. I looked at a house that had the washer / dryer opposite each other with a sink and folding area on the other side of the room. I would love to do that but didn't have the space. My friend has a stackable washer dryer inside a built-in with a door, inside the laundry room. If all else fails just give up and send your laundry out to be done...

We did that once on a vacation in south america. It came back neatly pressed and folded in a box with a ribbon and didn't cost very much. I would love to have that experience all the time.

Funky granite? Oh please describe.

And speaking of stackable, I think front loading washers won't stand the test of time. Because they close so tightly they seem prone to mildew. I never had that problem with a top loader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 06:46 AM

98 posts, read 290,119 times
I have seen multiple articles saying stainless steel appliances are going out or are out. I have my doubts. I just can't see going back to white, off-white or even black appliances. You may find some going to a more antique look and feel for their appliances but that isn't for me either. I am putting stainless in the house I am currently building.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:05 AM

2,956 posts, read 4,973,322 times
I don't think you can go wrong with white. I've had stainless since the late 90's and I'm sick of trying to keep it clean, unscratched, and streak free. I've gone over to gloss white and so far so good. The only negative thing is that manufacturers don't seem to make a descent looking over the range microwave in white.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:38 AM

Anyone read anything about what is next after glass showers? My husband refuses to squeegee. It is much more trouble to keep a glass shower looking good than stainless appliances. Besides who wants to be on display in the shower? This is a trend I wish would die.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:28 PM

37 posts, read 76,175 times
If I ever build another house, my wife and I both agree that we want a walk-in shower with no door. I don't like the glass showers either, although it's not because I don't like looking at my wife naked

Old 07-18-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
If I ever build another house, my wife and I both agree that we want a walk-in shower with no door. I don't like the glass showers either, although it's not because I don't like looking at my wife naked
You post makes me smile.

It also makes me think that the shower door on this giant shower in the house we are trying to buy is really unnecessary cause it is soooo far from the shower heads.

Maybe I will just put some tacky travel posters on the other part that is glass.

Too bad stained glass is so retro. Anyone see an opaque glass that doesn't look cheesy?

I am asking myself "What would Candace Olson do?" The answer is probably a stainless steel curtain of beads. Not my thing.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:38 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,988,622 times
For appliances, I absolutely LOVE the "white ice" collection by whirlpool. It's a glossy, glassy white with stainless accents. Jenn Air also makes a fabulous glass white for high-end appliances.

Try "rain glass" on the shower panels above the half walls, and remove the doors.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal chic View Post
For appliances, I absolutely LOVE the "white ice" collection by whirlpool. It's a glossy, glassy white with stainless accents. Jenn Air also makes a fabulous glass white for high-end appliances.

Try "rain glass" on the shower panels above the half walls, and remove the doors.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area