U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 12:03 PM

29 posts, read 50,325 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My wife and I will be visiting Sarasota to see what we think of the overall area. We are interested in neighborhoods within Sarasota Middle School territory, such as parts of Palmer Ranch and the surrounding communities.

My question is, how can we get in to the gated communities within Palmer Ranch so we can drive around and take a look?

I don't want to contact a real estate agent since (A) we're not ready to buy (we're looking at the area for the first time) and don't want to waste anyone's time, and (B) we have limited time to look around Sarasota so we won't have enough time to devote to an agent.

So... is there any other way to access the gated Palmer Ranch neighborhoods so we can look around?

Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,039,917 times
I am confident that by calling the management companies of the communities you could gain access. They might even give you a tour.

Otherwise, look for sale listings in each, and schedule viewings without an agent. There is no law that you must have an agent to view real estate for sale.

Better yet--look for open houses.

Last edited by Rushmore; 07-17-2013 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: open houses

Old 07-17-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I am confident that by calling the management companies of the communities you could gain access. They might even give you a tour.
Great idea. Anyone know where I can find the phone number(s)? Is there maybe a community website?

Quote:
Better yet--look for open houses.
Also a great idea. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:00 PM

Hmmm, I can't seem to find any info on the management companies. Anyone here have a phone number or website address?

Thanks...

Old 07-18-2013, 03:28 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,039,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood2Me View Post
Hmmm, I can't seem to find any info on the management companies. Anyone here have a phone number or website address?

Thanks...
I just Googled Hamptons Sarasota Property Management and Turtle Rock Sarasota Property Management and each one provided the info in the first result.

Surely you can get there from here.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
...each one provided the info in the first result.
Not for me. Then again, Google displays results based on geo location so we may be seeing different results. But that gives me a starting point, so thanks.

In the mean time, if anyone out there that lives in Palmer Ranch has a difinitive answer for me (how to get in) please let me know. Thanks again.

EDIT: Based on my research I am mostly interested in seeing Turtle Rock and The Hamptons (no need to see all of Palmer Ranch, frankly).

Old 07-18-2013, 08:43 PM

159 posts, read 292,369 times
The Hamptons is not gated, as is true at the Isles on Palmer Ranch. You can drive into both areas. If you want to see Village Walk, there is a property realtor on site...just tell the person at the gate you are interested in purchase and then go see the realtor. She will be able to tell you whats available there. Turtle Rock does not have a management person on site, to my knowledge so you would have to go with a realtor for that. Palmer Ranch has many areas to buy within, but its not all that big of an area to just drive around. Another idea is to look in the sarasota herald tribune and find open houses on the weekend. tell the Gate Keeper that you are wanting to see the open house, they will usually copy your drivers license, then allow you to proceed.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:59 PM

3,590 posts, read 8,481,224 times
Yes, I heard Sunday open houses are the way to go.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM

4,502 posts, read 8,959,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood2Me View Post
Not for me. Then again, Google displays results based on geo location so we may be seeing different results. But that gives me a starting point, so thanks.
Huh? Must have a different GOOG than everyone else.
I searched and got:
Sarasota Property Management, Sarasota Property Managers, Sarasota Property Management Companies

(I am in western NC, not FL, or where you are.)

Phone numbers, info, etc.
And yes, Open Houses, maybe with a flyer or printed out 'listing' in hand, will get one into nearly any gated community in SW FLA, in my experience, especially on a Sunday Open House deal. Easy stuff...
GL, mD

Old 07-19-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by let it go View Post
The Hamptons is not gated, as is true at the Isles on Palmer Ranch. You can drive into both areas. If you want to see Village Walk, there is a property realtor on site...just tell the person at the gate you are interested in purchase and then go see the realtor. She will be able to tell you whats available there. Turtle Rock does not have a management person on site, to my knowledge so you would have to go with a realtor for that. Palmer Ranch has many areas to buy within, but its not all that big of an area to just drive around. Another idea is to look in the sarasota herald tribune and find open houses on the weekend. tell the Gate Keeper that you are wanting to see the open house, they will usually copy your drivers license, then allow you to proceed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Yes, I heard Sunday open houses are the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
And yes, Open Houses, maybe with a flyer or printed out 'listing' in hand, will get one into nearly any gated community in SW FLA, in my experience, especially on a Sunday Open House deal. Easy stuff...
Thanks everyone, much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area