U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 04:07 PM

913 posts, read 2,221,977 times

Advertisements

As part time residents, we have always had Florida ID's. My wife has let her's expire and when she went to get another, she was told they no longer issue a Florida ID. You can renew one, but you cannot get a new one. She could have gotten a driver's license, but would have to give up her out of state license. Anyway, what are part time residents doing for local ID's?
Rate this post positively

Old 07-27-2013, 04:32 PM

4,589 posts, read 9,443,235 times
When/why does one need a 'Florida ID', if one isn't a legal rez of FL?

Our 'non-FL' IDs work fine, when we are in FL, or in any state...
GL, mD

Old 07-27-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
When/why does one need a 'Florida ID', if one isn't a legal rez of FL?

Our 'non-FL' IDs work fine, when we are in FL, or in any state...
GL, mD
How do you define "legal resident"?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davery5872 View Post
How do you define "legal resident"?
Whatever state one is a legal rez of...
as in domiciled state, registered to vote in state, DL state, et al.

Never heard of a temp ID, and have never had to have one in any of the 50 states in the US of A...
Passport for leaving/entering the US, but no one in FL has ever flinched at my NC DL.

My question continues: why do you need a 'temp FL id', in lieu of your own state id?
If you are an FL rez, it is even more confusing; if a rez of another state, so what?

Old 07-27-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Whatever state one is a legal rez of...
as in domiciled state, registered to vote in state, DL state, et al.

Never heard of a temp ID, and have never had to have one in any of the 50 states in the US of A...
Passport for leaving/entering the US, but no one in FL has ever flinched at my NC DL.

My question continues: why do you need a 'temp FL id', in lieu of your own state id?
If you are an FL rez, it is even more confusing; if a rez of another state, so what?
I am not talking about a temporary ID. I own property and pay Florida property taxes and I have a Florida resident ID. We live in Florida for part of the year, the amount of time varies each year. I would like a Florida ID for my wife because there are many travel discounts for residents.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:10 AM

My apology, but I am missing the details and your question:
-you are a legal rez, domiciled, in FL?
(Owning a house/condo and paying FL RE taxes does not make someone a legal rez of FL)...
-if you are a legal rez of FL, why doesn't your wife have voter card, DL, et al?
-if she doesn't drive, check out the FL DMV site; they offer non driving photo IDs
Official Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles

Old 07-28-2013, 09:33 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,446,100 times
Quote:
My apology, but I am missing the details and your question:
-you are a legal rez, domiciled, in FL?
(Owning a house/condo and paying FL RE taxes does not make someone a legal rez of FL)...
-if you are a legal rez of FL, why doesn't your wife have voter card, DL, et al?
-if she doesn't drive, check out the FL DMV site; they offer non driving photo IDs
Official Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
He's not a resident of FL. So no soup for him.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 AM

So I pay Florida property taxes and live here part of the year, but I am only considered a resident if I vote in Florida? Why?

Last edited by Keeper; 07-29-2013 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: removed deleted post quote

Old 07-28-2013, 11:21 AM

11,827 posts, read 11,226,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davery5872 View Post
So I pay Florida property taxes and live here part of the year, but I am only considered a resident if I vote in Florida? Why?
The US Census, voting, House of Representatives.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
The US Census, voting, House of Representatives.
So without changing the amount of time I spend in Florida, I can title my car in Florida and get a Florida drivers license. I can then vote in Florida and get a homestead exemption to pay less property tax. But some how that is less of a scam than just getting a Florida ID?

And as far as Disney Florida resident discounts - you can get those without a Florida ID. You just need current bills with your Florida address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area