Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 12:01 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,720 times

Advertisements

Ok, Hubby & I don't have kids, but we have friends who are considering moving to Sarasota and they have 4 little darlings. (This couple planned not to have any kids when they married. ha ha) The mother in that family and I are coming to Sarasota in a couple of weeks and the main goal is to scope out potential schools. Except other than out of door, we don't know what to scope out. It could be a long trip for a short visit unless we get some ideas.

They work from home and could live anywhere, but would prefer to be close to the water. This family is tennis oriented if that makes a difference in any way. I suggested LWR as a family oriented area, but they are sort of tired of living some place just for the kids. They are hoping to find an area that is interesting to the adults in the family and also has a good middle school.

I know about all the links rating schools. I have seen the limited response to threads asking feedback about specific schools. Trying to take a different approach here to identify some middle schools to check out. Reading posts from parents about their child's experience has been the most informative thing I have read about schools on this forum.

If you have had a child in a middle school and your child had a good experience in that school, please share the love--tell us about it. Any and all stories greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 AM

547 posts, read 926,879 times
My backround: I retired this year after working several years in the Sarasota County School system, so I have a different perspective. I also have a grandkid headed to MS next year. MS is a tough age. Plus your friends child will be moving into a new area where some kids have gone to school with each other for years.
So I suggest: SSA+S

Old 09-11-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picshooter View Post
My backround: I retired this year after working several years in the Sarasota County School system, so I have a different perspective. I also have a grandkid headed to MS next year. MS is a tough age. Plus your friends child will be moving into a new area where some kids have gone to school with each other for years.
So I suggest: SSA+S
Let me make sure I understand what you are saying? That school would be good because the children would be coming from all over instead of being a pre formed cliche? I remember from moving as a child how hard it was to break into a new group, so that is a really good point to consider. Thanks. (And right now her favorite house -sight unseen- is near that school )

Old 09-12-2013, 11:20 AM

547 posts, read 926,879 times
Nope, I didn't get my point across. I have a "feeling" It would be less clicky. Adding to the mix,many parents are choosing to send their children there rather than letting them gravitate up to their regular neighborhood middle school.
I hope that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
Let me make sure I understand what you are saying? That school would be good because the children would be coming from all over instead of being a pre formed cliche? I remember from moving as a child how hard it was to break into a new group, so that is a really good point to consider. Thanks. (And right now her favorite house -sight unseen- is near that school )

Old 09-12-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picshooter View Post
Nope, I didn't get my point across. I have a "feeling" It would be less clicky. Adding to the mix,many parents are choosing to send their children there rather than letting them gravitate up to their regular neighborhood middle school.
I hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the clarification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area