Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:57 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times

Advertisements

O.K. Insanetraveler - I wish you the best - just so you know Atlanta has a lot of traffic - Denver has very bad air quality and is polluted - and Los Angeles (land of fruits and nuts) - really surprised anyone would want to live there - LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 08:14 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,847 times
I don't want it to dry up and make a mesa out of the state, but this is just a PITA. I can't do much outside without it raining on what ever it is I need to do. Can't ride bike or motorcycle because of the rain, cant work outside without keeping an eye out for the rain or trying to predict if it will so I can finish the project. If this was Fla 360 not many would live here. Yes it not as bad as snow by far, or at least for me, but a smaller pain in the ass is still a pain in the ass.

For those who say move or its complaining, yep it is, just like your doing by complaining about my post. LOL Point a finger and four are pointing back at you.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 AM

490 posts, read 624,097 times
My wife and I approach the summers here the way we did winters up north. We do less activities outside and much less yard work and outdoor projects. We do indoor renovations and hardly use the grill at all. It's the opposite of our northern lifestyle. The winter here is much more conducive to outdoor work and picnics and typical "summer" activities. We've found it best to adjust to what we can't control. Overall we spend much more time enjoying the outdoors in Florida and having to hibernate a bit in the summers is an acceptable trade off.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
O.K. Insanetraveler - I wish you the best - just so you know Atlanta has a lot of traffic - Denver has very bad air quality and is polluted - and Los Angeles (land of fruits and nuts) - really surprised anyone would want to live there - LOL
A lot of people find derogatory homophobic comments offensive and lacking in class. Just a heads up in case you haven't poked your head into the 21st century yet.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:04 PM

547 posts, read 926,739 times
I get it. I often wish I lived somewhere else. I get tired of the heat, humidity, rain, hot cars, and my favorite, the A/C constantly running. But then reality kicks in. Summers don't last forever. There are a lot of things to like, or not to like about this area.
I daydream of what my life would have been like if we would have started somewhere else. But the reality is this is home. There are also plenty of places I don't even want to visit let alone live.
Good luck to you. Stop in Boulder and Durango when you make it to CO. And Norcal has the LA area beat. Visit Yosemite.Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I am going to Atlanta in December. After that I want to go out west. I'm checking Denver out in November but I really love Los Angeles. I absolutely hate Florida and cannot wait to leave. I have hated it for all the 25 years that I have lived here.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:33 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Los Angeles is absolutely amazing. Florida is terrible for so many endless reasons. Especially for a young person like myself.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:36 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picshooter View Post
I get it. I often wish I lived somewhere else. I get tired of the heat, humidity, rain, hot cars, and my favorite, the A/C constantly running. But then reality kicks in. Summers don't last forever. There are a lot of things to like, or not to like about this area.
I daydream of what my life would have been like if we would have started somewhere else. But the reality is this is home. There are also plenty of places I don't even want to visit let alone live.
Good luck to you. Stop in Boulder and Durango when you make it to CO. And Norcal has the LA area beat. Visit Yosemite.Enjoy.
NorCal as in San Francisco? I do love San Fran, but LA was much more my type of scene. Not quite as expensive either. Summers do last forever in Florida. You can fully expect nine months of Summer. I hate it.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 AM

23 posts, read 26,779 times
I am sick of the rain. I hope the winter is a lot dryer. This just sucks

Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 AM

Moderator cut: His post was removed

There is nothing newfound about political correctness. It used to be called being polite and I've been that way for over 40 years now. It is how my parents raised me. I have friends and family who are homophobic bigots. They are also considerate of other people's feelings and keep it to themselves in public. A foreign concept to you, I know.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-27-2013 at 12:31 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 07:26 AM

547 posts, read 926,739 times
I still "get it" but in a different way.Perhaps because of an age difference, but then again, maybe not. I am more of a small town guy. I worked and traveled a bit in California. So many people working two or more jobs just to survive. As far as Atlanta goes, not my style. It makes it's own weather that's way too hot.
But good luck to you. I hope you report back to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
NorCal as in San Francisco? I do love San Fran, but LA was much more my type of scene. Not quite as expensive either. Summers do last forever in Florida. You can fully expect nine months of Summer. I hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area