Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 06:26 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
Best housecleaning company I found is "wife".

I wish there was a gorilla beating his chest emoticon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 06:30 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,346,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
Oh jeez. Tell me you don't have a tee skirt that says "let the wife do it".
No, but she has a shirt that says "I'd do me!. Always gets a few looks. Then again she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!

Old 10-04-2013, 07:21 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
I guess just sit there and get on the computer or watch tv.

I used to see a dog walker and would come right in to get the dog while the cleaning people were there - amazing what I saw the cleaning crew doing - that is why I will clean my own home until I am too old to do it myself.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:21 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal chic View Post

I wish there was a gorilla beating his chest emoticon.
Quote:
No, but she has a shirt that says "I'd do me!. Always gets a few looks. Then again she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!

Are she married you why? Surely is wasn't for the Buick.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,346,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
Are she married you why? Surely is wasn't for the Buick.
I dont know. I have absolutely zero talent. The Buick came after her! :-) It's certainly not because I'm excellent at math and work as a Physicist. Last I knew those weren't major turn-on factors! Did I mention she's even 10 years younger?

On a realistic note, when housekeepers used to come to my home to clean, I'd usually be doing work on the computer if even home at all.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:18 PM

509 posts, read 906,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I guess just sit there and get on the computer or watch tv.

I used to see a dog walker and would come right in to get the dog while the cleaning people were there - amazing what I saw the cleaning crew doing - that is why I will clean my own home until I am too old to do it myself.
Oh, good Lord, what were they doing?

Old 10-04-2013, 08:23 PM

509 posts, read 906,993 times
Quote:
I dont know. I have absolutely zero talent. The Buick came after her! :-) It's certainly not because I'm excellent at math and work as a Physicist. Last I knew those weren't major turn-on factors! Did I mention she's even 10 years younger?
Ten years? Meh, not that uncommon. My neighbor is married to a woman twenty two yrs his junior, now that is impressive. Why she's with him, I'll never figure out. He's not rich, nothing to look at,... no accounting for taste I suppose.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:23 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,833 times
Hey Ben Is this your Buick?
Attached Thumbnails
House cleaning, what to do?-buick.jpg  

Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,371,973 times
I'm with FFMom, I'll do my own until I'm not able. Sure is refreshing to hear a guy still so in love with his wife!

Old 10-05-2013, 06:54 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frida7 View Post
I finally found a good house cleaning company, that does things right, now I'm wondering what to do while they're here? I feel strange being home while they are cleaning, but don't really want to give a key out, also I don't like the idea of anyone in my house without me being home. What do you do while your house keeper is working?
An alternative to giving out a key is to get a key pad lock. I just got one and LOVE it. NO KEYS required when you're carrying stuff in. You can assign different key codes to different people. You can install it yourself either on the deadbolt or handle. It takes under an hour if you're not experienced at first. I could do one now in 15 minutes having done the first one.

I'm a pet sitter/dog walker and came to love these from my clients. I've been in expensive condos with cleaning crews and the good ones have a GROUP of people who go through the house like a fine tuned machine and are in and out in no time. They don't mess around.

If the company is an actual COMPANY, they'll be insured and bonded against damage/loss of property etc.; my policy reads like this on the bonding part:

Special property insurance (with employee surety bond) to cover any damage to personal property of the pet owner

$10,000 per occurrence, up to $25,000 annually, for the theft, breakage, and mysterious disappearance of the personal property of the pet owner while under the care of you, your employees, your independent contractors, or your incidental helpers.

Of course you need HOMEOWNERS, too and special coverage on certain high ticket items like jewelry. And if you're the type of person who leaves expensive things out or your checkbook or whatever they can steal it whether you're there or not.

Alternatively, just sit in another area out of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area