Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 11:38 AM

5 posts, read 6,592 times

Advertisements

And why? Plan on moving to Sarasota and will need a new bank. Online banking is very important and good access to ATMs. Currently with a credit union so they are an option. Any thoughts appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 02:22 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,682,568 times
bank of america seems to have the largest number of branches and atms. A lot of people may not like them, but if you keep money in your accounts and don't screw up you'll be ok.
I've used them for 3 years down here with no problems.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:57 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,513,057 times
I have used Bank of America for several years. I have my checking, savings and joint account with them plus my mortgage. Never any fees. I like them because we moved here from NY and when we go back to NY they have Bank of America too. When we visit other states, we always seem to find a Bank of America, so I don't have to carry a lot of cash with me. They also have a lot of bank locations in the area and I can walk to them from my work.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:00 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,398,926 times
Lot's of people I know use Wells Fargo, I recently switched and have not had issues..

Old 10-21-2013, 04:41 PM

440 posts, read 1,049,538 times
We are very happy with Chase. Lots of ATMS and branches. We use the branch on Fruitville and Honore which opens into a Starbucks. We have a wonderful customer service rep there who bent over backwards to help my husband set up online banking. She's always available to answer to most minor question.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:58 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,362,004 times
I've been using BOA since moving here. Have never had a problem and I love their on line banking. Also love that I can deposit checks from my iPad and not have to go to the bank.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 AM

82 posts, read 156,533 times
I had 5/3 in Ohio and when I moved to Bradenton everything was easily transferred here. Two weeks ago when my ex-wife had trouble cashing a check I sent the manager at the 5/3 branch here was able to solve the problem with her bank in North Carolina.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:07 AM

164 posts, read 355,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredBuckeye View Post
I had 5/3 in Ohio and when I moved to Bradenton everything was easily transferred here. Two weeks ago when my ex-wife had trouble cashing a check I sent the manager at the 5/3 branch here was able to solve the problem with her bank in North Carolina.
I have had alot of experience with Fifth Third over the years in Ohio (checking, business checking, mortgage, home equity line, etc.) and would definitely recommend them. I was glad they had branches down here for a seamless transition. Their customer service has always been excellent. They helped me alot with my business in Ohio (business line of credit, merchant credit card processing) and I just opened an account for the business I am buying here (closing on Thursday--yay!) and they have been great. I've used their online banking for quite a while with no problems.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:30 AM

697 posts, read 1,165,848 times
I've had MANY banks over the years. Navy Federal Credit Union has been the best..with USAA second.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:31 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,474,405 times
If you have enough money in the bank - everything at Bank of America is free - so that's who I use.

Can anyone use Navy Federal Credit Union or do you have to be in the military?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area