Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:45 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,507 times

Advertisements

I have beaten my hats to death. I am out of high-quality, awesome Panama hats.

Somehow, it appears there is no store in Sarasota that sells Panama hats.

Can this be true? Say it ain't so. I do not want to drive an hour to buy a hat. The last two hats I got were in Old San Juan Puerto Rico, but I will not be back there anytime soon.

Help. I do not want to buy one on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 07:31 AM

122 posts, read 323,662 times
Have you tried the Beach Bazaar in the village?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
It is hard to find a good hat around here. They all look the same. I am trying to find one of those big Asian hats that look like a cone. Any idea where I can find one?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiamiTrailBlues View Post
Have you tried the Beach Bazaar in the village?
I would prefer my hat NOT have SALT LIFE scrawled across it. I really do not even know what SALT LIFE is, but judging by the fact that so many people are advertising it, I bet it's just awesome (whatever it is).

JK. They do not have Panama hats there.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
So many people have Salt Life on things it is now corny and out-of-date to have one of those stickers.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
So many people have Salt Life on things it is now corny and out-of-date to have one of those stickers.
Just like anything else, it is the herd mentality that makes everyone want to belong to whatever the club might be.

My children are not allowed to wear clothing that advertises the brand of clothing it is. It is moronic and indicative of, uh, you know, like...dumbness.

Damn you Tommy Hilfiger!!

Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 AM

219 posts, read 677,051 times
Default Panama hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I have beaten my hats to death. I am out of high-quality, awesome Panama hats.

Somehow, it appears there is no store in Sarasota that sells Panama hats.

Can this be true? Say it ain't so. I do not want to drive an hour to buy a hat. The last two hats I got were in Old San Juan Puerto Rico, but I will not be back there anytime soon.

Help. I do not want to buy one on the internet.
go to alvins on st armands real panama hats and reasonable

Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mag View Post
go to alvins on st armands real panama hats and reasonable
They do not carry Panama hats.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:28 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,811 times
Shore on St armands?

Old 11-08-2013, 07:32 PM

122 posts, read 323,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I would prefer my hat NOT have SALT LIFE scrawled across it. I really do not even know what SALT LIFE is, but judging by the fact that so many people are advertising it, I bet it's just awesome (whatever it is).

JK. They do not have Panama hats there.
Their Salt Life display is just a little stand in the front door. They have that whole middle section of what I always called skater gear I thought may hold something like you're looking for. It was just an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
The story behind Salt Life is pretty cool. Just a couple of guys having fun in life, and created a saying for themselves that grew into a brand.

I like self-made stories of capitalism.

If you were an entrepreneur, you would hope millions of people would buy into your idea. That's what it's all about.

I know sh*tloads of people who drink from Tervis cups too. Do they suck as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area