U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 PM

3,579 posts, read 5,139,354 times

Advertisements

Lots of events going on this weekend, starting today, so I will dive right in and list as many as I can:

Thursday

Annual Christmas Walk, Venice -- 5 to 8 pm, historic downtown, Miami Ave. Music, food & drinks available for purchase.

Holiday Splendor at the Ringling -- Ringling Museum, 5 - 9 pm, tickets $10 for adults, $5 for children 6-17. Free admission with one unwrapped toy per guest. Event to benefit Toys for Tots. Enjoy the holiday decorations, live holiday music provided by local school bands, food & beverages available for purchase.

Celebrate Christmas Seasons -- Lakewood Ranch, Main street, 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Kicks off the holiday events at LWR with carriage rides, carolers, visit with Santa.

Friday

Live from Downtown It's Friday Night -- downtown Sarasota on Main at Five Points Park, 6 - 9 pm. Live music, entertainment.

Music On Main, Lakewood Ranch's Main street -- live music, face painting and other activities for the little ones, 6 - 9 pm.

Holiday Night of Lights at St. Armands Circle -- one of my favorite events of the holiday season. Starts at 6 pm. Christmas carol sing along, Santa parade and lighting of the Christmas tree.

Friday & Saturday

Bradenton Village of the Arts Olde Fashioned Village Christmas -- carolers, barbershop quartets, Christmas Tea Room, etc.

Holiday Lights Spectacular at the Sarasota Jungle Gardens -- 6 - 9 pm. Adults $11, kids $6. The Jungle Gardens is decked out in thousands of holiday lights. Also runs Dec 13-15, Dec 20-24 and Dec 26-29.

Saturday

Anna Maria Island Christmas Parade -- starts at 10 am at Bayfront Park and goes south to Coquina Beach where the little ones can meet Santa.

Bradenton Blues Fest -- downtown Bradenton at Riverwalk, 11 am - 8 pm. Tickets required - adults $30, students $20 & children $10 if bought in advance, higher at the gate. For more info go to www.BradentonBluesFestival.org

Night of Christmas -- GT Bray Park, 5502 33rd Ave Dr W in Bradenton, 4 - 7:30 pm. Event includes lots of family activities such as hay rides, crafts and lots and lots of SNOW.

Venice Boat Parade -- 6 pm, Venice Intercoastal Waterway, starts at Albee Rd Bridge in Nokomis.

Sarasota Holiday Parade -- 7 pm, Main street in downtown Sarasota. Floats, bands and of course, Santa makes an appearance.

Hot Dogs & Cool Cats Gala -- Sarasota Yacht Club, supports Sarasota Humane Society. Ticket info: 955-4131 x121.

Annual Handel's Messiah concert -- 4 pm, Church of the Palms, Sarasota. Tickets $20 for adults, children/students $10.

Cookies and Cans -- Marietta Musuem of Art & Whimsy, 2221 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, 2 - 4 pm. Free event. Bring a batch of your favorite Christmas cookies to swap with other guests. Donation requested of 1 can of food for All Faiths Food Bank.

Achieva Reindeer Trot -- Payne Park, Sarasota, 8 - 10:30 am. 5k and 10k runs plus dog walk. Participants must register, fees required, benefits local classrooms.

Bradenton & Sarasota both have farmers markets in the morning, downtown.

Jingle & Jog 5k Run/1k Walk -- meet up at 7:30 am at the Community Haven for Adults center on Desoto Rd, proceeds help the Community Haven.

Sarasota Craft Show -- over 115 vendors, Robarts Arena at the Sarasota fair grounds off Fruitville by Tuttle. Fri, Sat 10 am - 6 pm. Also Sunday 10 am - 5 pm. Tickets $9/adults, $8/seniors, $5/students, under 10 free.

Sunday

12 Days of Christmas Concert by the Sarasota Pops Orchestra, starts at 3 pm, tickets $20 for adults, students/$5. For more ticket info, call 926-7677. Riverview Performing Arts Center, 1 Ram Way.

Anna Maria Island -- Coquina Beach Market, starts 10 am.

Several other events to mark on your calendar for the following Saturday, Dec. 14th:

Sarasota Boat Parade -- starts 6 pm at City Island.

Cortez Boat Parade -- starts 6 pm at north end of Longboat Key and goes north.

Bradenton Boat Parade -- starts 6:30 pm on the Manatee River and goes east, towards Riverwalk Park.

St. Armands Circle's Porsches in the Park car show, 10 am - 4 pm.

I love living in Sarasota, but especially during the Christmas holiday season!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 02:11 PM

3,579 posts, read 5,139,354 times
PS: Special Note: It has come to my attention that there is a real estate related website that has me listed on a page on their site as an agent in Punta Gorda, FL with a phone number that is disconnected. I did not create that account, nor did I give anyone else permission to create it on my behalf. I am now in the process of notifying the proper authorities to have it removed since the website itself has, so far, ignored my multiple requests to do so. Please ignore that website's page if you come across that misinformation.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:24 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,038,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
PS: Special Note: It has come to my attention that there is a real estate related website that has me listed on a page on their site as an agent in Punta Gorda, FL with a phone number that is disconnected. I did not create that account, nor did I give anyone else permission to create it on my behalf. I am now in the process of notifying the proper authorities to have it removed since the website itself has, so far, ignored my multiple requests to do so. Please ignore that website's page if you come across that misinformation.
Do a "whois" on the domain name, and you'll see an abuse report contact email, usually the webhosting company. Send them a takedown notice. Cops will just take too long. Hosting companies have to comply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area