Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:19 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,126,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
Another interesting note is under the affordable care act the federal government increased the size of medicare. Medicare is a program that is payed for by the Federal government but administered by the states.

20 states are not implementing the expanded medicare Florida being one of them. the program is being paid for by additional payroll taxes so everyone who works in Florida pays for this expansion that Florida for political reasons will not take part in.. The net effect is that Florida residents will pay $5 billion dollars into a program that its government wont take part in, a program that costs the government of Florida nothing.

There is a multiplying effect to this $5 billion dollars the people who are not going to be covered by medicare will now be going to the emergency room without insurance and because they cant afford to pay it will increase medical costs for those who have insurance.

Bottom line $5 billion of taxes paid with no benefit to the tax payers and an additional $5 billion or more to cover the uninsured.:smac k:
It's Medicade not Medicare. Medicare is for the elderly Obama took money from Medicare to expand Medicade. I'm on Medicare and my Medicare avantage plan went up because of it. Medicade is for poor people on welfare or ssi disability, not Ssdi disability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 AM

644 posts, read 1,485,124 times
I am not on Medicare yet (I'm 60). Since I am now in CT but am thinking of relocating to Florida, I would be interested in hearing from some retirees regarding anything they have lost, or gained, by moving to Florida in regards to Medicare and their health insurance coverage.

Is it better or worse than where they came from, or about the same? For instance, can they find doctors who take Medicare and are accepting new patients?

I'd be interested in knowing as much as possible about what I am possibly getting into. Maybe the differences are small and nothing to worry about.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 AM

1,917 posts, read 2,631,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
It's Medicade not Medicare. Medicare is for the elderly Obama took money from Medicare to expand Medicade. I'm on Medicare and my Medicare avantage plan went up because of it. Medicade is for poor people on welfare or ssi disability, not Ssdi disability.
Medicare....Medicade...that's not the point.

Gary

Old 06-11-2014, 09:45 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,689,205 times
how horribly misinformed

Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoman_6 View Post
how horribly misinformed
Please expand on your statement

Old 06-11-2014, 07:03 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,199,652 times
Medicare did not go up. Medicare Advantage did because its run by insurance companies. They take your Medicare money and dole out small amounts and dictate who you can see, on the cheap. Switch to straight Medicare and buy a Medigap policy. They haven't gone up and we can see whoever we want...at least so far.

Its the Insurance Companies who are robbing us, not ACA. You are not dealing with the Government, you are dealing with the 'big bucks insurance companies' who pay their CEO's millions in bonuses! They are the ones who prevented people with 'existing conditions' (allergies), to get insurance or pay a fortune for it. The insurance companies set the pricing and are forcing the pricing.

ACA is helping the people it was designed to help.

We paid for the poor anyway. Every time they walked into an emergency room, they got treated. Who do you think paid for it???? Should we go back to the old ways where 1/2 the population couldn't afford Insurance? Where the big Insurers kept profiting off our backs?

People are so misinformed its unbelievable. Keep listening to 'talk radio' who's hosts make millions and could care less about the little guy. They certainly aren't the middle or working class. They are the rich and want to stay that way. They are protecting 'big business.'

Old 06-12-2014, 07:19 AM

To say its the insurance companies is too simple an answer.

Its the entire business of medical care and the legal system.

Insurance is just a reflection of the costs we are being charged.

Gary

Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
Please expand on your statement
cant- dont have enough information

Old 06-13-2014, 09:24 AM

so, it's now been six months or so (december) when we were discussing how the ACA was going to send us into oblivion, lose millions of current policies, be a total disaster and put us at the mercy of "death panels" (Yes Sarah, I know you follow this forum).

where's the fury and outrage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area