U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 10:55 PM

48 posts, read 97,743 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a restaurant nearby with an awesome beach/water view.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 12:55 AM

11,936 posts, read 11,976,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjorge View Post
I'm looking for a restaurant nearby with an awesome beach/water view.
None really on the ocean but restaurants with a water view:

Spanish Pointe
Casey Key Fish House
Boatyard
Turtles
Salty Dog
Marina Jack

But the above all have crappy to okay food. The Chart House and Ophelia's may be the only two waterfront restaurants with good food but they are expensive.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:48 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,199,543 times
I cannot more strenuously recommend against Chart House. It's awful. You're paying for the view.

Feel the same about Casey Key Fish House. There is a weird vibe of the wealthy sort of slumming, but still reaching for fabulousness. Food distinctly average. Maybe below average.

The food upstairs at Marina Jack is passable. Nice Bay view.

Ophelia's is really good for brunch, pretty mediocre otherwise. The water is intercoastal.

The Table is great food, but the view is Phillipi Creek.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:39 AM

11,936 posts, read 11,976,656 times
So the consensus is great view, crappy food.

Have drinks at Marina Jacks then dinner somewhere else.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:02 PM

91 posts, read 110,530 times
My vote is Mar Vista- you can get a table right in the sand. And the food is pretty good.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:19 PM

2,076 posts, read 2,934,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFL View Post
My vote is Mar Vista- you can get a table right in the sand. And the food is pretty good.
Thanks for posting. I go to restaurants more for the atmosphere than the food. This looks like a winner. People look a little dressy in the pics. Is it casual or not?

Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub on Longboat Key, Florida serving Fresh Florida Seafood

Old 01-31-2014, 07:20 PM

16,915 posts, read 36,693,158 times
For waterfront dining, we always go to Pier 22 on the Manatee River in Bradenton. I love the view (the wide part of the Manatee River) and the food is better than just about any of those other waterfront restaurants listed.

We also used to eat at the Waterfront restaurant on Anna Maria. This is just a "water view" not being directly on the water but food pretty good.

I agree Chart House and some of those others are extremely overrated and too expensive for the poor quality of the food.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:19 AM

91 posts, read 110,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
Thanks for posting. I go to restaurants more for the atmosphere than the food. This looks like a winner. People look a little dressy in the pics. Is it casual or not?

Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub on Longboat Key, Florida serving Fresh Florida Seafood
Cardiff-
We had a lovely dinner at Mar Vista. I'd say overall it was fairly casual. Some were dressed nicely, others very informal. And the indoor restaurant /bar seemed very casual, quaint. We sat under a big old tree, right in the sand and when it starts getting dark all the lights come on, very pretty- tho also a bit buggy. We really liked the atmosphere there. And the wait staff was great. Just a bit of a hike all the way up Longboat Key.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:38 PM

4,291 posts, read 6,595,202 times
Some of the restaurants with the best "ocean" views (yes, I know it is the Gulf) can be found on Anna Maria Island, just north of Longboat Key:

City Pier Restaurant
Beach Bistro in Holmes Beach
Sandbar
Beach House on Gulf Drive
Waterfront Restaurant
Anna Maria Island Beach Cafe
Skinny's Place

Actually, AMI offers quite a few non-chain restaurants, many are good, some are excellent.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,224,256 times
I used to love The Chart House. Went back a month ago, extremely expensive now, salad bar now sucks. $170 for 4 people no drinks. Portions are small.

There were 4 full tables there, rest of the place was empty. Saturday night 2 hours before close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area