Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 AM

509 posts, read 907,216 times

Advertisements

Have you called any of the places? I think you'd get great response if you called them, that's how I did it when I made my second move down here. I was living in NC & called, sent my paperwork & money, & everything went smoothly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 04:13 PM

18 posts, read 28,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_Sheila View Post
Ok, beninfl.. I just don't have a great appreciation for bugs... The lil roaches are a bother to me.. And I imagine the bigger ones (palmetto bugs), would be even more so...

OAN... I have my eye on the apt complex, "Cypress Winds Apartments" at 6904 Manatee Avenue West
Bradenton, Fl 34209... Anybody has any spill on them?? Out of all of the complexes I have sent correspondence to... They are the only one whom have responded (,professionally)...
I just moved to the area a couple weeks ago. I toured Cypress Winds. They told us on the phone and via email certain prices for each apartments and offered to waive pet fees (because we have a small dog). Once we got there and toured the place, we weren't impressed. It is an older complex that they have somewhat updated. The rooms are small. The updated pictures you see online are not what you see in person. If you want one that is updated, you're paying north of $1000 - and the updates are cheap (vinyl plank floors, which look good online - not in person). We walked through the grounds with the leasing agent and there was dog poop everywhere (even though it's supposed to be picked up) and a lot of clutter on lanai (I understand it's "your space" but people will pile trash in them). That said, after the tour, they gave us prices much different than they explained over the phone and in emails. They offered a discount of $16 a month, which put a small 1 bedroom at $906.

We ended up signing at Perico Apartments on Perico Island. We pay a bit more, but it's a nicer complex and in a nicer location. Of course, depending on the time of day, you have to deal with the causeway traffic, but the area is ten times better and apartments have a better "feel" to them. That and the deposit was much less.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:06 PM

8 posts, read 18,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frida7 View Post
Have you called any of the places? I think you'd get great response if you called them, that's how I did it when I made my second move down here. I was living in NC & called, sent my paperwork & money, & everything went smoothly.
I've only corresponded via email, so far.. Was just getting ready to set up calls... I plan to visit this summer, before my plan to move in the fall... I want to see actual floor plans, not just what they have online... Thanks again, for your input...

Old 03-19-2014, 08:33 PM

8 posts, read 18,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
I just moved to the area a couple weeks ago. I toured Cypress Winds. They told us on the phone and via email certain prices for each apartments and offered to waive pet fees (because we have a small dog). Once we got there and toured the place, we weren't impressed. It is an older complex that they have somewhat updated. The rooms are small. The updated pictures you see online are not what you see in person. If you want one that is updated, you're paying north of $1000 - and the updates are cheap (vinyl plank floors, which look good online - not in person). We walked through the grounds with the leasing agent and there was dog poop everywhere (even though it's supposed to be picked up) and a lot of clutter on lanai (I understand it's "your space" but people will pile trash in them). That said, after the tour, they gave us prices much different than they explained over the phone and in emails. They offered a discount of $16 a month, which put a small 1 bedroom at $906.

We ended up signing at Perico Apartments on Perico Island. We pay a bit more, but it's a nicer complex and in a nicer location. Of course, depending on the time of day, you have to deal with the causeway traffic, but the area is ten times better and apartments have a better "feel" to them. That and the deposit was much less.

Thanks Kentucky WildCat... The Cypress Winds were my top choice, from what I viewed online, thus far.. And the fact that they are the only complex to respond to me in a professional manner, made them even more appealing... I do appreciate your sharing of your experience.... Thank you, dearly!!

Old 07-28-2015, 07:53 PM

50 posts, read 69,018 times
Any experiences with Preserve at Manatee Bay?

I am looking for apartment to move into in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area