U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:58 AM

8 posts, read 15,482 times

Advertisements

I have been looking to relocate to Florida, and have closed in on the Bradenton/Sarasota area. I have come across a couple of (rental) communities in the zip codes of: 34207 (The Sanctuary of Bradenton); 34208 (Eden Pointe); 34209 (Cypress Winds); and 34210 (Sawgrass Cove Apartments)...

I am looking to rent from a descent rental community (preferably gated), where the color of my skin would not be a "noticeable" bother to my neighbors. I am looking for a low crime area, in particular...

I am interested in 1+ bedrooms (1 bedroom + den/office or 2 bedrooms) with 1+ baths for no more than $900 (including water, sewage, garbage, and pest control)...

In addition, a nice church home is VERY important to me. Non-denominational and non-segregated. Friendly and loving folk with a community outreach and a lively music ministry. If there are any Friday evening or Saturday morning worship services, that would be a plus...

I am an African American female, divorced, and in my early 40s, moving from The Twin Cities of Minnesnowta, and originally from Chicago, IL...

I plan on making Florida my new home in October...

Thank all in advance, for ANY input.. Be blessed!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 10:58 AM

509 posts, read 842,170 times
I would suggest Sawgrass cove. It's the best neighborhood out of all that you mentioned, imo. I've had friends who used to live there, &.they liked it a lot. PM me for details.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frida7 View Post
I would suggest Sawgrass cove. It's the best neighborhood out of all that you mentioned, imo. I've had friends who used to live there, &.they liked it a lot. PM me for details.
Thanks Mz Frida7!! I'm not able to PM you, for some reason... However.. I would love for you to share any information you have, with me... Please feel free to PM me.... Be blessed!!!

Old 03-02-2014, 02:23 PM

509 posts, read 842,170 times
That's odd, I can't seem to message you either. Does anyone know what's going on?

Old 03-02-2014, 02:48 PM

Perhaps it's something with my settings... After befriending you.. I was able to go to "send a direct message", and type your name in... I hope it went through... Lol

Old 03-02-2014, 02:52 PM

OAN.. What do you all suggest to keep snakes, bugs, and rodents.. At bay?? I do not want to live "with" any of those...

Old 03-03-2014, 06:56 AM

128 posts, read 240,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_Sheila View Post
OAN.. What do you all suggest to keep snakes, bugs, and rodents.. At bay?? I do not want to live "with" any of those...
Snakes shouldn't be a problem, and I've never seen a rat or mouse here.

Bugs - you're going to see em. No two ways about it. The Mosquito being the state bird of "Minnesnowta," you'll be no worse off here, and perhaps better.

Palmetto Bugs deserve mention - they're like roaches, except they're the size of your big toe.

You'll see geckos and anoles inside, sometimes. Just leave them alone. They eat bugs.

Best of luck!

Old 03-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Thanks zmgriffith for your input... I greatly appreciate it....

As for the bugs.. The "big roaches" in particular... Do you have any recommendations for keeping them at bay (besides the geckos and anoles)??

Again.. Thank you, kindly!!

Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,127,645 times
Palmetto bugs are harmless. You just ignore them if you do actually see them. Normal household routine pest control handles pretty much everything.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 PM

Ok, beninfl.. I just don't have a great appreciation for bugs... The lil roaches are a bother to me.. And I imagine the bigger ones (palmetto bugs), would be even more so...

OAN... I have my eye on the apt complex, "Cypress Winds Apartments" at 6904 Manatee Avenue West
Bradenton, Fl 34209... Anybody has any spill on them?? Out of all of the complexes I have sent correspondence to... They are the only one whom have responded (,professionally)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area